Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Part Of The Day.......
My3cents 11:07 AM 05-02-2012
What part of the day do you enjoy most and why?

Excluding - nap time, and departure
Lilbutterflie 11:17 AM 05-02-2012
I have to say my favorite is our walks! It gets everyone out of the house, gives the older children exercise (sometimes I have them play red light green light- they LOVE it and it gets them running), and then it ends at one of the 4-5 parks in our neighborhood where they can run and play and explore. It also gives my dog a good daily walk, too. I always feel refreshed and at peace on our walks.
daycare 11:17 AM 05-02-2012
story time and puppets!!!
WImom 11:41 AM 05-02-2012
Art and the last 30 minutes of the day. I usually only have 1-2 kids left and it's a nice quiet one on one time with them.
Blackcat31 11:45 AM 05-02-2012
The 60-90 minutes after everyone has arrived for the day.

The kids are all in such a good mood and ready to start our day....no worries about the behaviors from the day before or lunch/nap issues.

Just bright eyes and smiling faces eagerly looking at me to see what our day will bring!
GretasLittleFriends 11:49 AM 05-02-2012
I would say 10:30a/11a. Depending on the weather, this is our first outside trip. It lets the kids run around like wild animals, scream, yell (we live out in the country, closest neighbor 1/2mile away), and have a blast. I get my mail usually around this time as well. After the mail has been retrieved and they've had a chance to "run wild" we then play together games; ring around the rosie, catch, kick/pass the balls, etc.

Honestly though, this is my favorite because it's followed up by clean-up, lunch, a story, then NAP!!! Though today, only 2 out of 7 are actually sleeping... Rest are just resting and being peaceful.
Lianne 01:15 PM 05-02-2012
Freeplay! I love watching kids learn to just...play, to use their imaginations, include their friends and discover & act out what happens in their little worlds
spud912 01:28 PM 05-02-2012
By far our outdoor time! There is something about going outside that completely changes everyone's mood (especially mine). I don't care how bad or grumpy we are inside, everyone is happy outside (90% of the time ).
Heidi 01:46 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
What part of the day do you enjoy most and why?

Excluding - nap time, and departure
lololol I was going to say NAPTIME!

I will agree with the next poster and say our walks....and Breakfast, because we sit and eat together, and everyone is usually sweet.
Reply Up