Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone A Fan Of Halo Sleep Sacks?
Heidi 10:27 AM 11-17-2012
I noticed that neither of my pregnant step daughters had them on their registries.

I used sleep sacks from Germany with my own babies years ago, and now some my sis made for me for my dck's. I was thinking about getting 2 of the Halo ones for each of the girls (and their hubbies) for Christmas. They're really old enough to buy their own other stuff I could come up with.

Should I get one swaddling and one larger one for each expectant couple?

I need input on the swaddling one, especially. I know I like the bigger sized sleep sacks from my own experience, but I never swaddled (all my babies tummy slept)
Mom2TLE 01:01 PM 11-17-2012
I loved my sleep sacks. I bought one and the hopital gave me one both were swaddlers and it was so nice and helped her sleep better. They are actually recommended instead of blankets now. Leaving the NICU the doctors told us to use them. I would do the swaddling one and one larger. They might be thinking about using another swaddle method though so if they have a woombie or summer swaddle pod on there they might be considering one of those instead.
SunnyDay 01:08 PM 11-17-2012
I don't have experience with the swaddling one, but I used the regular ones for over a year with both of my kids and they are great! They held up really nicely.
Lyss 01:13 PM 11-17-2012
I loved them! We had the swaddler style that we used until 5months with DD, helped her learn to put herself to sleep! I always buy them for baby shower gifts. Now that its getting cold at night I'm thinking of picking up an early walker version for my DD (11mos)
Heidi 01:58 PM 11-17-2012
Originally Posted by Lyss:
I loved them! We had the swaddler style that we used until 5months with DD, helped her learn to put herself to sleep! I always buy them for baby shower gifts. Now that its getting cold at night I'm thinking of picking up an early walker version for my DD (11mos)
See, and I'd hate the early walker version, because I like the idea of their little walker legs being stuck in a sack until they are ready for a "big kid" bed. I've never had the lovely experience of finding one of mine OUTside the crib that way, although I've heard there are a select few talented little people that can do it.
AfterSchoolMom 05:55 PM 11-17-2012
I LOVE sleep sacks. We've used them with all three of our kids, and they're all the baby sleeps in. I love that they're easy for middle of the night diaper changes, too!

What does the early walker version look like?
Lyss 07:20 PM 11-17-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
See, and I'd hate the early walker version, because I like the idea of their little walker legs being stuck in a sack until they are ready for a "big kid" bed. I've never had the lovely experience of finding one of mine OUTside the crib that way, although I've heard there are a select few talented little people that can do it.
lol! My DD gets very upset if her feet are confined now so we had to stop using the sleep sacks a few months back. We have the breathable bumpers now and have thankfully never had a leg/arm get stuck outside of the crib but if she starts to actually climb out of the crib she's moving onto a big kid bed! lol! I thought the early walker would be good because she flips out now if her feet are confined and she can't keep a blanket on as she flip flops all night all over the crib. Our house gets fairly cool as the insulation sucks so I thought this would be a good idea but I've yet to try them.

Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
I LOVE sleep sacks. We've used them with all three of our kids, and they're all the baby sleeps in. I love that they're easy for middle of the night diaper changes, too!

What does the early walker version look like?
Here's the early walker. I have a few friends that swear by them but I haven't got around to buying one for my DD yet.
Tags:sleep - aids, sleep sacks
Reply Up