Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With Term Letter ASAP Please
kitykids3 06:36 PM 03-17-2014
So, I need some help please with a note for a new family. I met with them about 2 weeks ago. They started their son on Thursday full time. All great, except that my assistant of 2 years gave 2 week notice last week and then tonight now says she won't be back for the 2 weeks. In other words I am immediately without an assistant.
I am over ratios and have always had rough luck finding assistants that are qualified and know I won't find one by Wednesday. My QRS is scheduled to come anytime between today and April 11th. If they show up on a day I am over ratios (wed or thur), then my 5 stars automatically goes down to 2 because they won't rate you if you are over ratios when they come in.

I am thinking that I have to term this family that just started and since I am still within the one week trial period I could do it without any notice, although I would feel horrible. However, I do need to do that because I do not want to risk my 5 stars or being over ratios. I need something I can type up and give to them tomorrow morning because Wednesday will have to be their last day. They do love my place so I am thinking of offering them coming back after my rater has come through, I just am not sure when that will be. He turns 1 on Wednesday and is FT. If I only terminate him, I can be within ratios all the time.

Please, Blackcat is that you good with letters? or sombody please! I need something by the morning.

The fact that my assistant just upped and left knowing the predicament it puts me in is a whole different issue. ugh! I want to write another thread just to vent about that.
CraftyMom 07:03 PM 03-17-2014
"Dear dcf, due to unforeseen circumstances in staffing I will have to terminate our contract effective immediately. Thank you for your interest in my program. If you would like to remain on my wait list I will contact you as soon as I have the availability. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused"
daycare 07:10 PM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by kitykids3:
So, I need some help please with a note for a new family. I met with them about 2 weeks ago. They started their son on Thursday full time. All great, except that my assistant of 2 years gave 2 week notice last week and then tonight now says she won't be back for the 2 weeks. In other words I am immediately without an assistant.
I am over ratios and have always had rough luck finding assistants that are qualified and know I won't find one by Wednesday. My QRS is scheduled to come anytime between today and April 11th. If they show up on a day I am over ratios (wed or thur), then my 5 stars automatically goes down to 2 because they won't rate you if you are over ratios when they come in.

I am thinking that I have to term this family that just started and since I am still within the one week trial period I could do it without any notice, although I would feel horrible. However, I do need to do that because I do not want to risk my 5 stars or being over ratios. I need something I can type up and give to them tomorrow morning because Wednesday will have to be their last day. They do love my place so I am thinking of offering them coming back after my rater has come through, I just am not sure when that will be. He turns 1 on Wednesday and is FT. If I only terminate him, I can be within ratios all the time.

Please, Blackcat is that you good with letters? or sombody please! I need something by the morning.

The fact that my assistant just upped and left knowing the predicament it puts me in is a whole different issue. ugh! I want to write another thread just to vent about that.
as you can see I am no BC, but here is what I would write.

Dear DCP,

It is with much regret that I inform you that as of March 19, 2014 ABC daycare will no longer be able to meet the needs of your child. Unfortunately, due to staffing issues out of my control w will not be able to operate within our legal capacity.

I am very sad to have to break this news to you, we really loved having little billy as part of our group. Of course there is no easy way to do this, but to help, I have attached the phone number for our resource and referral dept.

I truly thank you for your understanding with this matter, I have also attached your refund of fees already paid.

Do you know of anyone who could help you out at all? Like your husnand or such? even if he needs to take his vacation time from work?

Do you know of any other local providers that have openings? Perhaps you could work something out with them?
kitykids3 04:57 AM 03-18-2014
Thanks ladies. No, no one to help. I do have one ex-assistant who is now a friend, but she does not have all her qualifications and cant start until next week even if she did. I have put up an ad, but we'll see what happens.

ETA: No husband to help. Either way, it has to be someone who has all the classes and their Registry certificate. Hopefully the other place they looked at can take them til I can.
Cradle2crayons 05:26 AM 03-18-2014

I don't have a letter but I'm a little concerned reading that when your stars rating is finished you are willing to go OVER RATIO?????????

I personally would be less worried about your stars than ratios... You could lose your license for being over ratio... Not to mention be shut down.... Not to mention if the state catches you, they could give you a violation that you would have to tell all future parents about.... Not to mention they can fine you???

Am I the only one concerned about the R word here?
kitykids3 05:39 AM 03-18-2014
No! No way am I willing to lose everything I've worked so hard for by going over ratios. Never have, never will. I am assuming that sometime in the next month or so, I will hopefully be able to have a new assistant or my ex assistant will have her cpr by then so then I could take him back. I'm just thinking it won't happen right away, but I am still looking for help.

I opened this and done it all on my own and bought my own house in the last 4-7 years including getting my rating and having great references, I would never risk my livelihood and my passion. My passion!
Cradle2crayons 05:58 AM 03-18-2014
No! No way am I willing to lose everything I've worked so hard for by going over ratios. Never have, never will. I am assuming that sometime in the next month or so, I will hopefully be able to have a new assistant or my ex assistant will have her cpr by then so then I could take him back. I'm just thinking it won't happen right away, but I am still looking for help.

I opened this and done it all on my own and bought my own house in the last 4-7 years including getting my rating and having great references, I would never risk my livelihood and my passion. My passion!
Good to hear. I was worried becUse in your original post, you said you would have them come back when the stars inspection was over and the post said you were only worried about ratios while the stars people were there.
Tags:termination letter
Reply Up