Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Creating a Wall Schedule
Josiegirl 03:06 AM 12-14-2014
Not really sure what to call it but I need to make something to display what activity comes next. The dcks are good about knowing our routine but I want to have a chart on the wall. Is there someplace that offers examples or pictures I could copy? Does anyone have something like that they could share? I could take pictures of the kids doing those activities but I haven't figured out my new camera yet. That will be one of my 1st 'after the holidays' things to do.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Second Home 06:22 AM 12-14-2014
I too am interested in this . We now have to have this posted on the wall with the new coming regs .

I was just searching for clip art to have pictures along with the words for each time block.
NoMoreJuice! 06:40 AM 12-14-2014
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo/p%7CKT2904~~.jsp
Josiegirl 07:14 AM 12-14-2014
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo/p%7CKT2904~~.jsp
Yes, except I need to be creative and make my own. Although I do have $30+ left to spend through Lakeshore. Hmmm........Thanks for the link!
NoMoreJuice! 07:27 AM 12-14-2014
I wonder if the backs are blank on those cards? I know what you mean about customizing your own.

Maybe you could hang a sheet of felt and hot glue velcro on the back of cards that you create? Or you could always use a corkboard. I have three huge corkboards in my house!
SignMeUp 07:43 AM 12-14-2014
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
I wonder if the backs are blank on those cards? I know what you mean about customizing your own.

Maybe you could hang a sheet of felt and hot glue velcro on the back of cards that you create? Or you could always use a corkboard. I have three huge corkboards in my house!
Velcro is sold in rolls that have sticky back too
I don't have a daily schedule (hate the very idea that it would be required, because in my humble opinion, that's not really how young children learn), though I would feel differently if it were called a 'routine', without times attached to activities.

I made our calendar using the sticky velcro. Made a grid on tagboard and laminated each section. Across the top of the grid are the days of the week. At the very top is velcro for the month and year. Made dates on tagboard squares and laminated each. Made little squares for each holiday, for birthdays, and other special dates, and laminated each. Then the months, each decorated with an object that represents a significant happening in that month (season, holidays, etc.) Stuck a piece of sticky velcro on each grid square and each small square, and I have a never-ending calendar.

It would be easy to make a similar wall chart for daily routine. I have also made 'kid calendars' that show which children will attend each day, using their pictures and names.
Also at one point, I had kids 'sign in' using a similar system - their name on a laminated piece of tagboard, which they would move from the 'at home' side to the 'at daycare' side. Kids loved it. I let it go once we were required to have parents sign in

Sorry if that's all too much info. Just give me a laminator and sticky velcro and I go crazy
Controlled Chaos 10:16 PM 12-14-2014
I took pictures of the kids doing the different parts of the day, then printed a clock and glued the pic and clock to a piece of paper. I put all the schedule items in a line left to right on a wall eye level with the kids. I liked that the kids were a visual part of the schedule and the clocks were. good for learning about time and number recognition
Indoorvoice 06:00 AM 12-15-2014
I just made a chart in word document and used clip art for the pictures. I printed, cut, and laminated the cards and put them in a pocket chart or you could just use Velcro on poster board. We take down the cards as we finish each activity. Easy and cheap!
TwinMama 08:30 AM 12-15-2014
Originally Posted by nomorejuice!:
is this what you're looking for?

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo/p%7ckt2904~~.jsp
love this!!!!!
daycare 09:35 AM 12-15-2014
Speaking from experience with the Lakeshore one, my kids didn't get it, as out activities did not really match up.

I ended up taking pics of the kids doing their activity and then laminating it and running it along the wall with a little clock that says the time. They can't read the time clock, but they all get it. It is SOOOOOOO helpful.

I don't want to post mine because it has pics of the kids in it, but I got my idea from pinterest.
Josiegirl 11:06 AM 12-15-2014
Thanks so much everyone!
And why didn't I think to check Pinterest!!
Tags:schedule
Reply Up