Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Downsizing
MsKara 07:52 AM 07-15-2010
Examples of a letter of termination resulting from a downsizing or closing of a daycare would be helpful. I've been in the process of letting kids go and I'm not sure I'm writing the best letters I can write, as it is not the parents fault.
MsKara 07:42 AM 07-16-2010
I'm also trying to write it in a way that stops parents from asking a million questions, as my reasons for downsizing are very personal in nature.
MarinaVanessa 09:22 AM 07-16-2010
I would write something vague and simple that would hopefully give them the hint that you do not want to be asked "why". Just saying "for personal reasons" should be enough followed by some reassurance saying that you loved watching their child and you hope them well should be enough. If they still ask you about it, just repeat yourself and say "for personal reasons". Some clients really get persistent so just keep repeating "for personal reasons" over and over until they get that you don't want to discuss the details. Good luck.

Here's how I would write it:

[PROVIDERS’ NAME]
[PROVIDERS’ ADDRESS]
[CITY, STATE ZIP]
[DATE]

[CLIENT’S NAME]

Dear [CLIENT]:
I regret to inform you that I must terminate our child care arrangement due to personal reasons. This has been a very difficult decision on my part as I enjoy caring for [CHILD]. I apologize for any inconvenience and I thank you for your time and wish your family all the best.

Thank You
Best regards,
[PROVIDER]
[DAYCARE NAME-TITLE]
Unregistered 10:32 AM 07-16-2010
I would include a little more detail. As a parent, while I might not ask you what those personal reasons were, I would wonder about you and if you were ok....

More detail could be: economic circumstances and/or family obligations and/or health reasons or just make something up....

Be sure to include a statement that indicates that you don't want to be asked "why." For example: I appreciate your understanding in this matter and thank you for your consideration of my privacy during this time.

Finally, I would include a reference to a child care referral service or another provider.
Tags:downsizing, terminate, termination letter
Reply Up