Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh, Those Glorious Words Of Affirmation!
blessedmess8 01:39 PM 08-31-2011
DCD walks in today @ nap and says, "How do you DO this??" He seemed in awe. I didn't understand what he meant at first and must have had a puzzled look because he clarified, "How do you get them all to sleep at one time??" I just laughed. I told him it took a while to get to this point. He just shook his head and said, "I just don't see how you do it!"

Isn't it funny how something like that can make your day??
cheerfuldom 01:41 PM 08-31-2011
Its always nice to have something besides indifference or worse, complaints. I've actually had more issues with DCDs than DCMs. The moms seem to appreciate what I do more
TBird 02:58 PM 08-31-2011
Oh and it's especially nice when the men come down from "cloud 9" and realize how amazing we are, LOL!!! My hubby stayed home from work one day and said..."I don't see how you do this...I don't think you charge enough." Yup....made....my....day.
Stacy214 04:48 PM 08-31-2011
Hehe YUP! I have heard those words and simply savor them I had a DCM ask me the other day how I get DCG to take a nap she said "she will not take one for me what do you do different? Ummm #1 we have a schedule so the child knows what is expected and then I say ok, time for nap now lay down "l lol simple..
PitterPatter 05:22 PM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by blessedmess8:
DCD walks in today @ nap and says, "How do you DO this??" He seemed in awe. I didn't understand what he meant at first and must have had a puzzled look because he clarified, "How do you get them all to sleep at one time??" I just laughed. I told him it took a while to get to this point. He just shook his head and said, "I just don't see how you do it!"

Isn't it funny how something like that can make your day??
Yes that would totally make my day!! Glad you are respected and understood for the work you have accomplished! It was very hard for me to get 3-4 kids down at once!

I don't know about your neck of the woods but around here compliments are hard to come by so I would be marking this in the memory book or calendar!
Sunshine44 08:34 PM 08-31-2011
I get that same compliment all the time. People do not understand how I get 5 kids under the age of 3 to nap at the same time each day. I say the same thing you do, that routine is key.
MarinaVanessa 09:18 PM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by Sunshine44:
I get that same compliment all the time. People do not understand how I get 5 kids under the age of 3 to nap at the same time each day. I say the same thing you do, that routine is key.
Ditto here too. All I have to do now is put out the child's nap mat and blankets and they automatically lay down in the order that I put them down in (they know which blankets are theirs) ... even my 2 yo's . Most DCP's complain that they can NEVER get their ONE child to go down easy if at all. It really is something for us all to be proud of when we can do it with multiple children.
Tags:affirmation, positive
Reply Up