Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New DCB Crying Alllllll Day!
littlemisssunshine 01:53 PM 03-20-2012
So today i figure the new DCB who has been here for about a month isn't coming because his arrival time is 10:30 and it's already 11:30. I get a knock at the door and its DCB and his grandma she says "oh i came earlier at 10:30 but we didnt even get out of the car because he was crying so hard to even get off the car, so we went to eat breakfast," then she says how its so weird because he never cries with anyone and its just not like him to be crying so much. at this point i feel a little offended like shes making it seem like something is wrong. or maybe i am too defensive. i proceed to tell her he cries all day , at lunch at naptime and when his mom arrives instead of beng happy to see her he cries!!! I even tell her maybe childcare isn't for this kid maybe its better if only its him and one caregiver for only him i have 6 other children i watch and i dont need the added stress and the kids cant stand it anymore either... anyway she ends up taking her grandbaby because she "feels bad" to leave him i say ok "BYE!" and she says daycare mom will call me... im so over this family.!
Blackcat31 02:09 PM 03-20-2012
I don't really have any advice in this situation except to say I am sorry you ahve such a stressful family.

I did want to welcome you to the forum and invite you to register. Then you can post freely and not have to wait to be moderated. There are also a few other neat features to the forum that are only available when you are a registered user.
cheerfuldom 03:00 PM 03-20-2012
thats really tough. I wouldn't have discussed it with her though unless she is on the contract and paying the bill. I would have just had a talk with mom. He may be much happier at home with grandma....who wouldn't be, you know? Sorry she made you feel bad though, that was not cool.
littlemisssunshine 03:22 PM 03-20-2012
shes basically the mom since the boys mom is about 19 years old, she leaves the gma in charge to pay and drop of even pick up...
daycare 03:23 PM 03-20-2012
so sorry that you are dealing with this....families like this make our jobs hard. But grandmas will always be grandmas...lol

I would have told Gma that he is still new and it takes time for any new child to adjust to the routine and environment. When she is not consistent with bringing DCK, it does not help him adjust.

Gma needs to be consistent with drop off pick up and all rules...

get on the train grannie.....
Tags:crying - all day
Reply Up