Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kipper
SilverSabre25 10:34 AM 11-14-2011
Kipper is weird. I mean, it's benign and child-friendly and I don't mind it, but it's weird. Who exactly is Arnold anyway--Pig's little brother? Or son? And why are ALL the characters in this show male? are the ostensibly adults, or children? I'm so confused

(disclaimer: I feel cruddy today and this is the kind of thing my brain works on when I feel cruddy. Ordinarily my brain has better things to do. Like figure out why my DD is suddenly shirtless.)
erinalexmom 03:03 PM 11-14-2011
Dont worry I think things like this too. Like where the heck are Max and Rubies parents. And why hasn't anyone called CPS on Dora's parents for neglect. I mean seriously, what kind of parent lets thier child wander the rain forests by themselves? lol
Hunni Bee 06:33 PM 11-14-2011
I don't like Pocoyo. It makes my brain rot. My kids never watch it because a) my tv is never on and b) we at nap when it comes on. But occasionally I'm in the area where the 2:00 kids are when they get in from school, and its on. I just stand there drooling at the screen, its so dumb. Especially the duck.

sharlan 08:49 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by erinalexmom:
Dont worry I think things like this too. Like where the heck are Max and Rubies parents. And why hasn't anyone called CPS on Dora's parents for neglect. I mean seriously, what kind of parent lets thier child wander the rain forests by themselves? lol
Yeah, I've wondered the same thing.

The main one I can't handle is Caillou. That kid's whining is enough to make me snap at my own kids. The newer Caillou is better, but still bad.
cherryhill 09:00 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by erinalexmom:
My husband thinks I'm crazy when I ask where Max and Rubys parents are.
Mandy_Jane 09:14 PM 11-14-2011
But I LOVE Calliou!!! It is such a cute show and has taught my girls a lot of things. The other day we had to take a detour when trying to go somewhere, and my 4 year old said, "I know what a detour is!" I didn't believe her so I said, "Ok, what is a detour?" And she said, "A detour is when you have to go a different way." Apparently they learned that from Calliou! I like a lot of the kid shows. They are pretty educational these days.
Tags:kipper, pocoyo, television
Reply Up