Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Game Ideas For Our Christmas Party This Friday?
kitykids3 08:01 PM 12-03-2012
My 2nd annual Christmas party for the kiddos is this Friday. They range in age from 11mos, 12 mos, 14mos, an early 2, 2 middle 2's, and 3 4's (1mo, 4mos, 4 mos).
Help! I need simple game ideas that at least the 2's-4's can play. Last year I was trying to keep it not competitive and had them blindfold eyes and pin the carrot on the snowman. Worked well. Don't want to do it this year since it is all mostly same kids.
I was thinking about pinning the berries on the wreath. what you think?
Or pinning the decorations on the Christmas tree (still eyes closed)
We're also going to decorate cookies to take home.
and have some finger food and maybe sing a couple songs.
Any suggestions? TIA!
AfterSchoolMom 04:31 AM 12-04-2012
"Hot Potato" with a small box wrapped like a gift - use Christmas music

Snowman Bowling (make snowmen out of milk jugs or 2 liter soda bottles)

"Snow" relay, where they scoop a cotton ball out of a bowl and carry it on a spoon (this one may be too advanced for under twos) - keep it non competitive by only having one line.

HTH!
MamaBearCanada 03:53 AM 02-28-2013
These are games my kids love:

1. Musical statues - dance when music is on, freeze when it goes off

2. Musical chairs - I use pillows. Place pillows in circle. Start with enough for each child -1. They dance around. When music stops everyone has to sit on pillow. No pillow you're out. Remove a pillow and repeat. Warning - can get a little crazy if the kids you have are rough. Mine are not

3. Pass the parcel. Wrap little treats/gifts between layers of tissue paper. You don't have to have something every layer but I try & have enough for each child to get something. Children sit in a circle & pass the parcel round. When the music stops they unwrap a layer. I usually use a different colour of paper for each layer to stop them when to stop unwrapping!

4. Some kind of treasure hunt. Have something related to the event that they have to search for. Valentine's I hide heart, Easter I hide eggs, Christmas snowflakes. You can give prizes for collecting the most or a group prizefoe finding them all. You can also pair a big with a little to make it more fair
Tags:christmas party, game - ideas
Reply Up