Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Appointment During Naptime
TwinMama 01:18 PM 04-23-2019
I'm so irritated. I had parents make their 9 month olds yearly appointment during naptime and they bring him back exhausted and angry. He's so tired he won't nap.

I'm so sick of selfish parents.
Blackcat31 01:24 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
I'm so irritated. I had parents make their 9 month olds yearly appointment during naptime and they bring him back exhausted and angry. He's so tired he won't nap.

One pick up and one drop off per child per day.

When they arrived to pick him up, I would not have allowed him to return.

I also have a policy that children can not be brought to care AFTER a doctor's appointment so I encourage parents to schedule those types of things near the end of the day

I am sorry you are dealing with this. It's hard when parents now days can really be that selfish and unable to think from other's perspectives.

Live and learn. It's a good time to change your policy.
Jupadia 01:25 PM 04-23-2019
Mabey look to having a cut off time for drop off. Here kids are welcome to come up to 11:00am, but I will text if they are not here by snack at 9:00am to make sure they are coming.
If they picked up then dropped off I would not allow this, parents get one of each per day.
I also dont allow regular pick ups at nap, if its once and while and you tell me for an appointment or such not a problem, but the kid dose not come back to next day.
As well I know some providers dont allow kids to come the same day they get shots done.
Cat Herder 01:29 PM 04-23-2019
It is so frustrating, sorry.

I have a similar policy to most here, too.

"One drop off, one pick up, per family, per day."
Ariana 10:12 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TwinMama:

I had two sets of parents make appointments during the middle of my set transition period that I do to integrate kids into daycare. Totally threw off the routine which is important for the transition to actually work. The worst is that they knew the days the transition was taking place because I gave it to them months in advance and they chose it!!

Hopefully he falls asleep and then I would just let him sleep until pickup
nannyde 10:51 AM 04-24-2019
one arrival
one departure
per parent
per child
per day
Tags:interview - during naptime, nap time - disruptions
Reply Up