Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>To Take A Personal Day Or Not??? (Rant)
Unregistered 12:38 PM 12-05-2013
This week has been to much!! Not the kids just personal and car problems. I broke down today while making lunch (tried to not let the kids see and tried not to get tears in lunch). I am going to try to make it to 6 , but i think tomorrow might just need to be taken as a personal day but if the parentd making a big deal might just put me in hysterics again so i was thinking of just sticking it out to not have to deal with extra stress. What to do. Sorry more of a rant than question.
MamaBearCanada 12:45 PM 12-05-2013
If you close - Tell the parents you are closed due to sickness & that you will not be responding to emails or texts until Sunday pm/Monday am. Then ignore any messages from DCP.

If you stay open - make it as easy a day as possible. Movies. Easy lunch. Whatever gets you through the day in as healthy a mindset as possible.

(I would close)
TheGoodLife 12:48 PM 12-05-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
If you close - Tell the parents you are closed due to sickness & that you will not be responding to emails or texts until Sunday pm/Monday am. Then ignore any messages from DCP.

If you stay open - make it as easy a day as possible. Movies. Easy lunch. Whatever gets you through the day in as healthy a mindset as possible.

(I would close)
Agreed, we ALL need personal time sometime!
Great Beginnings 12:57 PM 12-05-2013
Do you have a supportive mother or sister who could just call parents and say everything is fine, you'll be back to work on Monday but tomorrow you are closed as you are dealing with an illness in the family?

That way you avoid the questions and mom can just make it seem like your too upset with the family issues to talk.
Stepping 12:57 PM 12-05-2013
I'm sorry you're having a tough time. I think this is the hardest job to do when you're not felling great.
I think, if it was me, I would balance which one of the two scenarios would increase my stress levels. For me personally, I would find it easier to stay open and have an easy day with the kids. But you should make a decision on what is best for you and then please don't feel any guilt about what that decision is. Take care of yourself before you can take care of others.
Unregistered 08:44 PM 12-05-2013
I am staying open. My sister in law works with me and she helped taking the stress of when she got here today. Thank you ladies
Josiegirl 02:53 AM 12-06-2013
Hope today goes much better for you!
(((HUGS)))
cheerfuldom 08:57 AM 12-06-2013
glad your relative is helping out.

I ALWAYS stay open no matter what. I have only taken one sick day in six years due to a pregnancy related illness. Every other time, I just muscle through whatever is going on. I find that parents are much more willing to work with you when you are reliable. I have gotten and kept a number of families from other home daycares and a big reason why is because other people are not reliable.

i am not saying you are not reliable. I am saying that i think you made the right choice in staying open and asking for help, versus closing.
Play Care 09:02 AM 12-06-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am staying open. My sister in law works with me and she helped taking the stress of when she got here today. Thank you ladies
Good for you! I am always hesitant to call off unless I or my kids is really sick, because with my luck, someone will get really sick after I called off and I'll have to close again That said, when I feel my stress level rising and feel as though I need a "me" day, I look at the calendar and circle and day to take off. It gives me something to look forward to and gives my clients plenty of notice.
Tags:day off, personal days
Reply Up