Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Music Ideas
awestbrook713 06:04 AM 09-21-2011
Okay so I am guilty of letting the tv be on during daycare hours but I really want to get away from that. What I would like is to get some cds of childrens music that would be great background music for free play time, arts and crafts, upbeat music for a music time, music for nap time, etc. What do some of you use?
jessrlee 06:20 AM 09-21-2011
http://music.aol.com/radioguide/kids-radio

I use the toddler one for awake times and lullabies for sleep Tons of variety without having to buy cd's. If I want action songs like apples and banannas I go to youtube
Zoe 06:48 AM 09-21-2011
I've gotten lots of "sing along" or "sing and dance" cds from random book clubs as an introductory offer. I also put in Disney collection cds, it's fun to see the kids perk up when they hear a song from their favorite Disney movie, and it's nice for me as a Disney freak as well.

You can't go wrong with Raffi either!
awestbrook713 06:51 AM 09-21-2011
Thanks I will look into these and start using them. I love the disney songs too so I think that will be a definate group of music I will have to get.
tbutler 09:38 AM 09-21-2011
I buy the water/nature sound cd's from Dollar Tree that I use for nap time. I have all three year olds so action and sing along cd's are what I use....Dr. Jean and Greg & Steve cd's. I even let them play while we are in centers or doing crafts/art. The kids sing along while working or playing.
kendallina 11:04 AM 09-21-2011
Definitely check out your library children's section for Cds. My husband then just copies them to cds and I have those for preschool. Libraries usually have all the good ones and it's free!

ETA: I get Pandora on my Tivo, so that's the music we listen to most of the time. I can choose from a lot of different types of music (I think I'd go crazy if it were all children's music!). Some days we have Beach Boys-type music, some days 80's, some days children's music.
Zoe 11:13 AM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by kendallina:
Definitely check out your library children's section for Cds. My husband then just copies them to cds and I have those for preschool. Libraries usually have all the good ones and it's free!

ETA: I get Pandora on my Tivo, so that's the music we listen to most of the time. I can choose from a lot of different types of music (I think I'd go crazy if it were all children's music!). Some days we have Beach Boys-type music, some days 80's, some days children's music.
I'm right there with you on Pandora! I can listen to it on my phone, the computer, the TV.....I made a Veggie Tales station, Disney, Raffi, Toddler, and yes...we listen to a lot of other music too. Such as Broadway tunes, lighter country, oldies, etc.
daycare 11:47 AM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by awestbrook713:
Okay so I am guilty of letting the tv be on during daycare hours but I really want to get away from that. What I would like is to get some cds of childrens music that would be great background music for free play time, arts and crafts, upbeat music for a music time, music for nap time, etc. What do some of you use?
DID YOU go to the scholastic dollar days online? They have an mp3 called sing along and learn....we did it this morning for the first time and my kids had the best time with two of the songs called Hop Hop Stop and walk like a Rhino.....maybe I can email you the zip file....

As far as the sale goes, I think that it ended yesterday, but if not go back and check the sale for the dollar downloands....
AnythingsPossible 01:07 PM 09-21-2011
I use the radio stations that are on my tv programing. Kids Tunes during play time and the spa channel during nap time. I also occasionally use pandora, but I had kidzbop as a station and they were playing some really funky stuff on there. The other day they played AC/DC Hells Bells and the Lazy song with the lovely lyric of sitting around with his hand in his pants. So we haven't been doing pandora.
Tags:music, music - age appropriate
Reply Up