Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:06 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Where Do You Put Gift Expenses In MMK?

There is no category for gifts..so toys that I have bought as gifts for christmas bdays, etc, I just put under toys. I also dont know where to put gifts such as baked goods that I made for the parents, or plants, or gift cards. I have pretty much just kinda through all of this stuff under supplies, but dont know if this is acceptable or not. So, what the correct thing to do?
Old 02-17-2011, 07:13 AM

It says birthday cards go under office expenses but I don't know about gifts....maybe make a customized category? I use/made one and let my tax preparer deal with how to file it. If you do it all yourself then sorry I probably wasn't much help. Maybe Tom will clarify.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Business Author/Trainer

Default Gifts

In general, it doesn't make any difference where you put your business expenses on Schedule C.

You are entitled to deduct gifts up to $25 per person, per year. More than that is not deductible. You could list this as a separate category under Other Expenses, line 27.

Join me for my webinar "How to Reduce Your Taxes for 2010 and 2011" on February 28th sponsored by daycare.com. For more info: https://www.daycare.com/news/taxes/t...d-webinar.html

Tags
deductible, mmk, money management, schedule c