Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Mom Already Driving Me Insane!!
littlemisssunshine 07:07 AM 08-02-2012
where do i begin!... so shes from a subsidized program and brings 3 of her kids here in the beginning dcb would cry each morning for about 3 weeks for 1 hour, and she would stay longer and make it worse for him... when she picks up her 3 kids from my home she brings her other big kid and stays for like 1 hour and makes herself at home starts changing their clothes and diapers as if i didnt already do it... they come to my home smelling like pee and so dirty their necks have so much dirt and their hair greasy the same clothes and hair from the day before.... she always ask me for water for herself and when shes about to leave in her car shell get out knock on my door and ask me for milk for the babys bottle omg im sick of her...and she also always changes her schedule because of work ...I do need the $$$ any advice?
cheerfuldom 07:24 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by littlemisssunshine:
where do i begin!... so shes from a subsidized program and brings 3 of her kids here in the beginning dcb would cry each morning for about 3 weeks for 1 hour, and she would stay longer and make it worse for him... when she picks up her 3 kids from my home she brings her other big kid and stays for like 1 hour and makes herself at home starts changing their clothes and diapers as if i didnt already do it... they come to my home smelling like pee and so dirty their necks have so much dirt and their hair greasy the same clothes and hair from the day before.... she always ask me for water for herself and when shes about to leave in her car shell get out knock on my door and ask me for milk for the babys bottle omg im sick of her...and she also always changes her schedule because of work ...I do need the $$$ any advice?
there is no magic solution for this. you either start enforcing your rules and run the risk of her leaving, or you put up with this.

I dont let parents stay at drop off and pickup, period. I dont let older siblings in the house. I don't bathe kids and I dont provide food or milk for the road so for me, I dont need money bad enough to put up with everything that mom is doing. It sounds like possibly there are other issues going on....maybe there is no water at the house, maybe she doesnt have money to feed her kids outside of daycare hours, maybe she doesnt want to go home and would rather stay at your house. Either way, you dont HAVE to put up with all this. If the filth issue is extreme, you really need to have CPS do a well check...thats neglect.
crazydaycarelady 07:29 AM 08-02-2012
Can you explain to her that the show in the morning is all for her so if she makes drop-offs quick he'll adjust a lot sooner?

Also before she comes get the kids all ready to go. I even explain to the kids that when mom comes they should not play around, just to go to the door and go. We have a little routine where the kids give me a high five and we say good-bye. Sometimes if pick-up drags along I give the high five and say something to the kid like "Can you be a big boy and open the door for mommy?"
makap 07:29 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
there is no magic solution for this. you either start enforcing your rules and run the risk of her leaving, or you put up with this.

I dont let parents stay at drop off and pickup, period. I dont let older siblings in the house. I don't bathe kids and I dont provide food or milk for the road so for me, I dont need money bad enough to put up with everything that mom is doing. It sounds like possibly there are other issues going on....maybe there is no water at the house, maybe she doesnt have money to feed her kids outside of daycare hours, maybe she doesnt want to go home and would rather stay at your house. Either way, you dont HAVE to put up with all this. If the filth issue is extreme, you really need to have CPS do a well check...thats neglect.
EXACTLY This!!
My3cents 11:52 AM 08-02-2012
I know you need the money but why are you putting up with this. This could cost you money. The other parent's see you let this person getting away with all of this and they might not want to send their kids to your care.

Handbook,rulebook,policy book and contract-

Enforce your rules and let her know you have quick in and out pick up and drop off and you are not allowed to have parent's stay. Explain that your snacks and meals are at scheduled times and she will need to bring a back up bottle for the child from now on. (unless you don't mind doing this for her, I don't mind when it is a baby as a once in a while thing-but not for a child on milk)

Your house, your rules, she will respect you if you stand up now for yourself

Best-
Truly Scrumptious 12:12 PM 08-02-2012
If you need the money, anything you say or do to address the situation might make her leave. So, you have to decide what's more important...the money or your sanity.

I always pick sanity....I'll eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before I'll stress myself out for day care.
Bkind 10:31 AM 02-19-2013
parents who stay to long I tell them they will need finger printing done and I will give them training info if they would like to con't staying for these lengths of time b/c anyone who has this much time with the children & influence need to have a back ground check and training for the safety of all the children it's policy ,,, that should take care of that usually does....

as far as drop off I tell my parents I have notice when u leave quickly it is less traumatic for ur child so if u could keep it short and sweet when dropping off b/c I want this to be a pleasant experience for your child ...now what parent should want that and if u may need to say good bye b/c it will con't to b a head ache

as far as the water give her a gal jug at the beginning of the week that should make a statement and far as them milk tell her all food as to be eaten here b/c if a child leaves it out and it rots then u can be a liability lol

as far as being dirty have bring back up clothes wash them and put clean clothes on them and just her ur not sure what is all their clothes but u change then all the other kids just wouldn't stop complaining u could was h their under the faucet maybe

but i have been there and it only last as long as i can fill those spots take interviews fill at least 2 of the spots and just get out
BEST OF LUCK
Starburst 12:05 PM 02-19-2013
Tell her straight up- these are the rules:

You also may want to consider telling her you are doing a 'Buh-bye outside' program (like Nannyde) and that means that she just drops of her kids and says bye and leaves but doesn't come in the house- If she needs to talk to you about something she can make an appointment to either talk on the phone or meet you after hours (without the kids) and it will only be for 1/2 hour- any longer than that and you will charge her overtime (she would have to pay out of pocket). As a mandated reporter (when you are on the clock) you are obligated by law to report any suspecion of abuse or neglect; even if the child does not attend your program, if you see it you suspect it to report it- and you can get in trouble if it is proven that you did suspect but never reported. If a child came to my house everyday smelling like pee with dirty hair and wearing the same clothing everyday I would call CPS for neglect- espesually if they are on substidized care programs because statistically they are at high risk for abuse and neglect at home. If she gets mad tell her that 'A child's well-being comes first'.
wdmmom 12:07 PM 02-19-2013
Meet her at the door. Have the kids in tow and ready to go.

If need be, have your coat on and your purse over your shoulder.

I don't allow parents beyond the foyer and I also don't have furniture or any diapers, wipes or Kleenex near by to facilitate departure turning into a longer fiasco than it needs to be.

You're going to need to get a backbone and tell her, "Look, my work hours are __ to __. I need to get you in a habit of picking up and heading out. I have chores to do, clean up to do, groceries to get, dry cleaning to pick up, my daughter to pick up from volleyball, etc."

Or simply say,

"DCM, I really enjoyed you visiting with me at departures, however, I simply can't facilitate such visits anymore. I have dinner to make and my own family to tend to. Not to mention but your vehicle is taking up space in the driveway that other parents need to use to pick up their children. If you are concerned about the children's attendance here, I encourage you to schedule an appointment or email me during business hours so we can discuss anything you feel is pertinent. Thanks!"
Tags:backbone, bathing issues, dirty clothes, parent, smelly kids, subsidy issues
Reply Up