Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can you help me with what these are called?
Laurel 01:57 PM 08-05-2016
I am looking for the term when you substitute pictures for some of the words in a children's story to make it easier for them to read without knowing every word.

For example:

One day, when the was really bright, Sammy decided he needed to put on his . He wondered how his friends would like his glasses. They made Suzy They made Justin and Joey gave them a . His mom just wanted to him because she was glad he was protecting his eyes from the .

Okay, it's dumb but look what I had to work with. Anyway, is there a name for these? It isn't a pictograph because I looked it up.

Any help is appreciated.
Blackcat31 02:15 PM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I am looking for the term when you substitute pictures for some of the words in a children's story to make it easier for them to read without knowing every word.

For example:

One day, when the was really bright, Sammy decided he needed to put on his . He wondered how his friends would like his glasses. They made Suzy They made Justin and Joey gave them a . His mom just wanted to him because she was glad he was protecting his eyes from the .

Okay, it's dumb but look what I had to work with. Anyway, is there a name for these? It isn't a pictograph because I looked it up.

Any help is appreciated.
They are called rebus books

http://nashvillepubliclibrary.org/br...s-rebus-books/
NillaWafers 02:15 PM 08-05-2016
Rebus books
Laurel 03:05 AM 08-06-2016
Thank you Blackcat and NillaWafers!

The link is helpful too Blackcat!
Reply Up