Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When I'm Packing My Daughter's Lunch
CraftyMom 08:53 PM 10-24-2014
I find myself making sure I have all the components to meet the food program requirements

I guess it's become such a habit, I have a checklist in my head, even when I'm packing school lunch

It's a good habit
KidGrind 09:04 PM 10-24-2014

I am so anti food program when it comes to my kids lunch. I am awful. I pack the lunch I dreamed I had as a kid.

Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Bag of Chip
Cookies
Fruit
Water
Juice
AuntTami 10:46 PM 10-24-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
I find myself making sure I have all the components to meet the food program requirements

I guess it's become such a habit, I have a checklist in my head, even when I'm packing school lunch

It's a good habit
I find myself doing this when I pack my boyfriends lunches each day haha.
Josiegirl 02:47 AM 10-25-2014
It does become ingrained into our brains doesn't it?
SquirrellyMama 07:34 AM 10-25-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:

I am so anti food program when it comes to my kids lunch. I am awful. I pack the lunch I dreamed I had as a kid.

Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Bag of Chip
Cookies
Fruit
Water
Juice

DaveA 07:41 AM 10-25-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:

Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Bag of Chip
Cookies
Fruit
Water
Juice
Me too. My Mom NEVER packed kids a lunch, so I still have bad memories of school cafeteria food. We go through the week's school lunches and decide what days my son is bringing lunch every Sunday. I ask my daughter if she wants to pack a lunch, but at most it's once or twice a month.
e.j. 01:23 PM 10-25-2014

It's a good habit
When my kids were going to school, I found myself doing the same thing when I packed their lunches. I still do it when I'm making dinner each night.

Even funnier is that when my dd was about 6 or 7, she asked if she could make her own lunch. I watched as she made it and sure enough....she used the divided plates we use for dc and made sure her lunch had all of the food components that met food prog. requirements! Indoctrination at its finest!
KiddieCahoots 03:16 PM 10-25-2014

It's a good habit
......ditto!
Sounds like we've all become brain washed in a sense.
preschoolteacher 06:24 PM 10-25-2014
Oh my gosh, I do that all the time. When I'm making dinner for my family, making breakfast for myself, ALL THE TIME.

Ha!
AmyKidsCo 08:00 AM 10-26-2014
I do the same thing for family dinners! But I make my kids pack their own lunches. They must have s protein, grain & fruit or veggie.
Reply Up