Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The 3 Little Darlings-A Tale of Cold Weather Gear
BumbleBee 03:09 PM 11-12-2014
There once were 3 parents who dropped their 3 darling children off at daycare. The weather was turning, the last remnants of fall fading quickly to the icy grip of old man winter. The temperature was a balmy 32 degrees, small flakes fell to the ground, barely accumulating. The wind was blowing at 6mph.

The first little darling was dropped off with a winter coat and boots, no gloves or hat to be seen. "This will not do" said the daycare provider. And the first little darling went home to gather the proper cold weather gear.

The second little darling was dropped off with a winter coat. No boots, gloves or hat to be seen. "This will not do" said the daycare provider. And the second little darling went home to gather the proper cold weather gear.

The third little darling was dropped off with a winter coat, boots, gloves, hat, and snowpants. "This WILL do!" said the daycare provider. And the third little darling stayed at daycare.

Moral of the story: Bring cold weather gear with your child to daycare and you will not have to go home to gather it, be late for work, or be annoyed with your daycare provider.
AuntTami 03:17 PM 11-12-2014
LOL! I need to implement this policy!

PT DCB 4 was my only DCB today for a few hours and I was so upset to see he didn't come in snowpants! He's had his snow pants every day he's been here for the last week, and today...No snow pants! I was so excited to go outside and play with him and just him, but no snow pants = no snow play However, the roads here are still really icy and slippery from the snow storm yesterday, and DCB lives about 25 minutes away in the middle of no where, so I didn't make mom go home and get them. I just told her make sure he at least brings them with him from now on.

FT DCB 1.5 has an extra set of snow pants, boots, an extra coat, an extra hat and an extra set of gloves that I keep here. His mom is really great about making sure I have any and all clothes we may need. I even have 4 extra outfits and a couple pairs of pajamas, just in case.
BumbleBee 03:35 PM 11-12-2014
I honestly didn't care about snowpants and snow boots today since it wasn't that cold and no snow to play in. But the no coat, hat, gloves thing was ridiculous. Forgot to put it in the story but one of those 3 showed up with no socks too. Really????
hsdcmama 02:11 PM 11-13-2014
DCB 2 yrs old has been brought to care every day with just a lightweight hoodie/sweatshirt. No hat, gloves, boots, or even a winter coat. It is forecasted to snow tonight, that's how cold it's been here.
daycarediva 02:19 PM 11-13-2014
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
There once were 3 parents who dropped their 3 darling children off at daycare. The weather was turning, the last remnants of fall fading quickly to the icy grip of old man winter. The temperature was a balmy 32 degrees, small flakes fell to the ground, barely accumulating. The wind was blowing at 6mph.

The first little darling was dropped off with a winter coat and boots, no gloves or hat to be seen. "This will not do" said the daycare provider. And the first little darling went home to gather the proper cold weather gear.

The second little darling was dropped off with a winter coat. No boots, gloves or hat to be seen. "This will not do" said the daycare provider. And the second little darling went home to gather the proper cold weather gear.

The third little darling was dropped off with a winter coat, boots, gloves, hat, and snowpants. "This WILL do!" said the daycare provider. And the third little darling stayed at daycare.

Moral of the story: Bring cold weather gear with your child to daycare and you will not have to go home to gather it, be late for work, or be annoyed with your daycare provider.
Maybe we could make this into an emergent reader book and send little stapled and colored copies home with parents?

LOVE IT!

That WILL be my morning tomorrow as it's snowing like crazy right now and was almost 65 yesterday.
Tags:backbone, snow gear
Reply Up