Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Emergency Surgery...
Pandaluver21 03:16 PM 11-26-2019
So abut 2:30am on Sunday, I went in to the ER and ended up having to have emergency surgery! I was released mid Monday, but let parents know what was happening so nobody would drop off and have me not be there :P
I only have two families right now, and only Monday/Tuesday
I'm not usually one to close, but since I was not available yesterday or today, would you refund payment for those days? My contract will e changing next year that payment is per month and id doesn't actually matter on what days they come. However, I don't have anything about that in my contract currently.
littlefriends 03:52 PM 11-26-2019
I ended up in the hospital with kidney problems and sepsis awhile back and refunded for the 3 days for the rest of the week (Wed Th Fri) and then didn’t ask for payment for the following week that I was still in the hospital. I only refunded for the couple parents that asked for it back.
BumbleBee 05:46 PM 11-26-2019
When I ended up in the ER needing surgery I refunded for the week I was closed.
Ariana 05:28 AM 11-27-2019
I have not charged for days where I had to close for more than 2 days consecutively. I do allow myself 5 personal days and 5 sick days but in cases where I need to close with little notice and for more than 2 days I don’t charge.

I closed and did not charge for 3 days while me and my daughter were recovering from Strep. And I closed and did not charge for 2 days when my daughter had surgery.
Josiegirl 10:16 AM 11-27-2019
IMO, I always charged FT rates 52 weeks a year anyways so things like that were not an issue. People need to be realistic and know life happens. I did make exceptions at my discretion.
Main thing is I hope you feel much better soon!!!
Jupadia 10:36 AM 11-27-2019
Ive refunded or rather charged a day less the next week. My contract dose not cover personal time for me, and vaction days are unpaid. I've had to take a day off for surgery in the past, while I've not charged, I also dont count it as a vaction day.
e.j. 11:00 AM 11-27-2019
If it were me, I'd refund the money they paid for any day I wasn't able to be open or I'd apply the money to a future date - whichever the parent wanted. I hope you're feeling better.
Pandaluver21 06:36 PM 11-29-2019
My "good" family did not ask for a refund. Instead they asked if there was anything they could bring and said if I needed some extra time to let them know :P
Of course, my more... difficult... family, messaged me at 6:30 tonight (an hour after payment is due) and said "What do I owe you, since you were unavailable last week"
Right before I sent back, saying that I would refund the two days last week but that she needed to include the late fee (which she should be used to since this is the third time she's paid late...) She ended up paying the full amount (minus a late fee)

On a side note, thank you for all the well wishes! I am doing much better, getting there slow but sure! I kind of wanted to close next week as well (both families only come 2 days a week) since I am not supposed to lift anything over 20lbs, but I just can't afford it
Tags:refund - due to injury, surgery
Reply Up