Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default New Family That Doesn't Get Policies

Has anyone had a new family that just didn't seem to understand that our policies and procedures are part of our business?

I Just started a new family who has never had a child in daycare before. My policies state that parents provide formula, that I participate in the CACFP, and I told them in interview and by email that I bill by Venmo.

When I emailed about setting up Venmo, mom said she'd "look into it." I'm not sure if she meant that she'd figure out how to do it or if she thought Venmo was optional.

When I called before the first day about mom bringing bottles and formula, I told her that I'd provide the cereal etc. But then the next (her first) day, mom says that dcb "doesn't need formula during the day, because he gets it for breakfast and dinner."

I just hope that this doesn't turn into push back on every policy! So far it seems like what I say goes in one ear and out the other or that she thinks she can be selective about my policies.

She's a teacher and I really thought she'd understand about procedure and how to be a good parent to work with.

I feel like somehow I've got to get her to understand that my policies are a big deal and are based on what I have found works well/doesn't work well. And I've got to get our relationship back on track. Sheesh...parent training!

Tags
parents - dont know how, policies