Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-11-2020, 10:07 AM
mamadaycare's Avatar
mamadaycare mamadaycare is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 38
Default No Shoes Rule?

So I recently started a no shoes rule with the spike in covid cases in our area. I have one mom who CAN NOT follow the rule. Even after I sent a note home and she signed it saying she understood I don't allow shoes past my entryway. Does anyone charge parents for carpet cleaning if they continue to abuse the rule?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-11-2020, 10:12 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,480
Default

IMHO, It would be easier and much more effective to simply not allow them in.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-11-2020, 11:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
IMHO, It would be easier and much more effective to simply not allow them in.
100% Agree. Drop offs and pickups at door! Makes it easy to transition the kids from/to the child care too.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-11-2020, 11:16 AM
nanglgrl's Avatar
nanglgrl nanglgrl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,644
Default

Iíve been doing drop off and pick up at the door for so long because of advice from this site and the difference in illnesses is insane. I also took advice from this site and extended time children have to be home if they get sick at childcare vs. home at about the same time so Iím not sure which policy has been most effective but so know that before those policies it seemed like we always had something making itís way through the group and now illness is much less common aning individual children and rarely spreads.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-11-2020, 11:32 AM
mamadaycare's Avatar
mamadaycare mamadaycare is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanglgrl View Post
Iíve been doing drop off and pick up at the door for so long because of advice from this site and the difference in illnesses is insane. I also took advice from this site and extended time children have to be home if they get sick at childcare vs. home at about the same time so Iím not sure which policy has been most effective but so know that before those policies it seemed like we always had something making itís way through the group and now illness is much less common aning individual children and rarely spreads.
Thats good to know! I will have to switch over to door drop off! What is your sick policy?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-11-2020, 11:39 AM
nanglgrl's Avatar
nanglgrl nanglgrl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,644
Default

I donít know if it originated with nannydee or blackcat but basically itís a 24/48 rule. They get sick at home and can return 24 hours after last symptom, no meds etc. they get sick at daycare and itís 48 hours after symptoms, no meds etc. I did have to add on to it because I noticed I had parents that would bring sick kids on Friday since they would already be gone 48 hours by Monday so any Friday illness is an automatic exclusion on Monday.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-11-2020, 02:59 PM
Diane P
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Shoes

I bought a shoe rack and I put it 6 feet from my door. Parents take shoes off and put shoes on at drop off and pickup. Works great!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-11-2020, 04:08 PM
sunshst's Avatar
sunshst sunshst is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: California
Posts: 35
Default

I have a shoe bench outside the front door. Kids sit and take their shoes off before they enter the house. All drop offs and pick ups are conducted outside. My door only opens to let kids in/out. Parents do not come inside, and on occasions when they do, shoes must be take off outside before they enter. This was a rule even pre-covid. I also have it as a rule in my handbook so no one can complain about it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-11-2020, 06:19 PM
LysesKids's Avatar
LysesKids LysesKids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshst View Post
I have a shoe bench outside the front door. Kids sit and take their shoes off before they enter the house. All drop offs and pick ups are conducted outside. My door only opens to let kids in/out. Parents do not come inside, and on occasions when they do, shoes must be take off outside before they enter. This was a rule even pre-covid. I also have it as a rule in my handbook so no one can complain about it.
I wish I could have done that while I was open, but my front door area is uncovered & in pouring rain/bad weather & having babies in hand it wasn't feasible; of course all my littles were actually under 24 months so it was no shoes past the front door to start with because the kids were crawling on the floor all the time...

I had a shoe rack literally next to a stool on the wall by the front door. Parents handed me the babes, sat down & took off shoes (some nursed at drop-off) or they stood at the door. Sometimes I had 2-3 arrive at one time so that was crazy (only 4 kids all together), but it worked well for many years
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-2020, 07:46 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadaycare View Post
So I recently started a no shoes rule with the spike in covid cases in our area. I have one mom who CAN NOT follow the rule. Even after I sent a note home and she signed it saying she understood I don't allow shoes past my entryway. Does anyone charge parents for carpet cleaning if they continue to abuse the rule?
I also do drop offs and pick ups outside. Parents don't enter the house at all so that helps alot!

However if parents do enter the house, I would maybe try to intercept her at the door and physically stand so that you can tell her to stop and take her shoes off.

Maybe addressing it at the point that it happens will help get the message across.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
24/48 rule, buh-bye outside, bye bye outside, covid-19 and daycare

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shoes for a Tip Toe Walker jenboo Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 04-10-2014 03:19 PM
New IRS Rule Makes Dramatic Changes TomCopeland Daycare and Taxes 14 02-22-2013 11:35 AM
Shoes and socks MissAnn Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 9 08-17-2012 10:19 AM
4 Yr Old And Shoes alyssyn Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 10 12-17-2010 05:33 PM
Shoes gkids09 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 18 03-19-2010 03:43 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming