Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Laptops Sold Out
284878 04:59 AM 08-08-2020
I figured that I would have time to get new laptops before online learning began. Then the school changed plans and I need to order now. (Like yesterday) ugh.

So I went online to find something and everything either has a backorder date, is pick up only (but not available near me), sold out or more than I wanted to spend.

I am looking for at least 2 small laptops (10-13 in screen size) I prefer no touch screen or detachable screens and ideally have ssd.

Dell does have a 15 in for $300 that would arrive in time. Hp is backordered.
Best buy has some but the good ones are sold out. Office depot/max is sold out.

I am avoiding sites like eBay or Amazon because of warranty issues. (Some warranty only protect first owner's and I am assuming that most of those sellers are flipping or price gouging)

Any other website that I can shop for laptops?

(We opt not to shop Walmart owned stores for personal reasons)
Cat Herder 06:28 AM 08-08-2020
I got mine from office depot online last week. Great price and I love it. It's a Dell. https://www.officedepot.com/catalog/search.do?Ntt=dell
Annalee 06:38 AM 08-08-2020
I bought my computer at walmart a couple months ago because I get 10% off but I sure wish I had waited on a touch screen like my previous laptop that crashed. I use mine till they literally crash

Best Buy was my next choice but they were low on stock as well. so I guess I am of no help.

But on another note, I struggled to find clothes, specifically shorts, for my son for school and many places told me the shipments just didn't come in this year. I did find some online I have ordered and waiting to see if the length works for school.

Covid has lots to do with the shipments, quantity of merchandise, etc.

Good luck!
284878 02:35 PM 08-08-2020
I just went to my DH work site and found the laptops I wanted, ordered thru the site at the same price. At the end of the order it said they would be shipped to me by Best Buy. I even got a confirmation from Best buy confirming my order. It should be here on the 17th.
Praying that it doesn't get cancelled.
Annalee 02:54 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
I just went to my DH work site and found the laptops I wanted, ordered thru the site at the same price. At the end of the order it said they would be shipped to me by Best Buy. I even got a confirmation from Best buy confirming my order. It should be here on the 17th.
Good deal!
Ariana 03:08 PM 08-08-2020
Best Buy
staples
Amazon
Michael 03:42 PM 08-08-2020
My daughter wants to get a new laptop but I wonder now if Best Buy has a supply to choose from.
284878 09:09 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
My daughter wants to get a new laptop but I wonder now if Best Buy has a supply to choose from.
I don't recommend Best Buy for "unbeatable sale" on devices because they off set the cost of the price with trail programs that you have to take hours to delete to get your awesome storage space back. I know a lot of companies do this. Amazon does it with there kindles, with them though you can just opt to pay more for no advertisements.

Which for non tech savvy people, I highly recommend paying more for no ads. Like my sisters who go for the "unbeatable sale" at best buy and then bring me their device a month later to clean up because they are frustrated with all the congestion that slows down their speed.

Anyways, now that my vent is over. I was ordered Chromebooks because that is what the kids use in school. They were less than $200 each and I will most likey have to do some cleaning before school starts. But I was determine not to spend more than $500 total.

For your dd, I would recommend going right to Hp or Dell or any manufacturer website and order. They are more customizable and ship right to you, cutting out the middle man that ads even more ads than the manufacturer does.

I had picked out 2 laptops on Dell that I was going to order if I could not find anything else. They had 14 or 15 in touch screen and ran about $400. They were a basic as I could get because everything less was sold out.
Mariposa 10:18 AM 08-10-2020
I take it the schools aren't offering? My district has chrome books kids can check out.
Cat Herder 10:48 AM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by Mariposa:
I take it the schools aren't offering? My district has chrome books kids can check out.
Our school system has a lot of qualifiers that exclude most families from obtaining those.
284878 02:07 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by Mariposa:
I am not sure if the school will be offering, in the spring it was only for those that didn't have something.

I talked to an employee yesterday and the school has placed an order but they are not getting shipment until December due to the demand and is not enough per student, maybe per household.

But whether they do or not, the chrome book would be signed out to the dcf not my DC and I am sticking to my policy of no outside technology. I don't want to be held responsible for something that didn't happen on my watch, if you no what I mean.
Michael 06:02 PM 08-10-2020
Just went to Best Buy to buy my daughter an Apple laptop. Purchased it today but I won’t get it until the 19th.
284878 06:22 PM 08-10-2020
I just got an email from Best Buy saying that the Chromebooks shipped.
Mariposa 09:41 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Our school system has a lot of qualifiers that exclude most families from obtaining those.
Dang, sucks. We have a great district in general. We get chromebooks...although not the best.... We have all we need personally but a webcam and microphone, so we had to borrow one. We were going to buy one but they were sold out, too, then, and then I found out we could obtain the chromebook.

I'll have kids bring theirs but will write it in my policy that I accept no responsibility.
284878 01:30 PM 08-12-2020
I just got an email from Best Buy saying that the Chromebooks shipped.
Delivered 6 days early
Tags:laptop
Reply Up