Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Surrendering your license, anyone?
Unregistered 10:09 AM 04-17-2009
Has anyone surrendered their license before, if so-what happened?
lilbiddapopcorn 04:04 AM 04-18-2009
I've surrendered mine. I had a child say I touched her sexually and of course, an investigation ensued. The woman who handles our county daycare licensing came to my house to inspect and talk to me. I passed the inspection with no marks. She took my roster and contacted the other parents, who all gave me excellent references and said they knew this wasn't true. Still, I didn't ever want to be around children that weren't mine again after that so the next time she came over, which was about 30 days later for a follow up, I told her I'm not interested in doing childcare ever again. She said in order to surrender my license all I had to do was hand her the physical license. I took it out of the frame in the wall and handed it to her and a couple weeks later I got a letter confirming that I had surrendered it. That was it as far as the license goes. Hope that helps.
Former Teacher 05:07 PM 04-20-2009
You are in my thoughts. God Bless.
Breezy1217 11:37 AM 08-26-2009
Originally Posted by lilbiddapopcorn:
I've surrendered mine. I had a child say I touched her sexually and of course, an investigation ensued. The woman who handles our county daycare licensing came to my house to inspect and talk to me. I passed the inspection with no marks. She took my roster and contacted the other parents, who all gave me excellent references and said they knew this wasn't true. Still, I didn't ever want to be around children that weren't mine again after that so the next time she came over, which was about 30 days later for a follow up, I told her I'm not interested in doing childcare ever again. She said in order to surrender my license all I had to do was hand her the physical license. I took it out of the frame in the wall and handed it to her and a couple weeks later I got a letter confirming that I had surrendered it. That was it as far as the license goes. Hope that helps.
So sorry to hear you had to do so. It's parents like that that make this business very scary.
AmandasFCC 12:15 PM 08-26-2009
libiddapopcorn ... That sounds like a horrible experience, so sorry it went that way for you. That's my greatest fear about this job, is being accused of something like that. I don't think I'd have the strength to handle it.
Reply Up