Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Door Signs?
WImom 12:05 PM 09-30-2010
Anyone have some cute door signs they want to share? I'd like to make some door signs for parents so they know we are in back playing, when I'm closed and one for parents, UPS,USPS so they don't ring the bell during nap.

I was thinking of laminating them and using velcro dots to stick them above my door bell. (our porch is covered by our roof overhang so I think they will last)
mac60 12:07 PM 09-30-2010
I made my own using clip art and laminating with clear contact paper and bought the little suction cup things to hang them on the storm door.
SilverSabre25 12:12 PM 09-30-2010
Interesting, as I've been contemplating the same exact thing! I'll be watching for inspiration...
MommyMuffin 12:55 PM 09-30-2010
I actually bought a lot of stuff from www.adaycare.com and I just downloaded the signs and printed it on cardstock. It has signs for holidays and closed days, blocks area, dramatic play, parties....I'm not sure about open or closed signs or UPS signs though.
MommyMuffin 12:57 PM 09-30-2010
I just checked and they do have a sign for open/closed and we are outside/walk ect. They are inexpensive too.
Pammie 12:58 PM 09-30-2010
I have two signs that I made that look like little chalkboards that I bought at the craft store - and wrote on with a white paint pen (so it looks like chalk). I glued magnets on the back so I just stick them on my front door when needed.

One says "We're Around Back" with an arrow pointing to the side of my house that has the access gate....for when we're playing in the back yard.

The other one says, "SSShhh...children napping. You wake 'em you take 'em" for nap time.

They've both held up for a couple of years- and occasionally I'll forget to take the nap one down when the kids are up for the afternoon...which brings very quiet taps on the door and giggles from parents at pick-up time
MarinaVanessa 03:13 PM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by Pammie:

The other one says, "SSShhh...children napping. You wake 'em you take 'em" for nap time.
Oooh I like this chalkboard sign idea and think I'll make one myself. I like the magnet idea also since I can just stick the magnet to the back of the sign and then stick it to our security/storm door.
missnikki 04:00 PM 09-30-2010
I've found a work-around for laminating-
I use those clear plastic sheet protectors that you use to slip papers in for a binder. I put whatever note in there, and hang from the suction hooks through the 3-ring holes already punched onto it. I think they also make the magnetic hooks, too.
WImom 04:35 AM 10-01-2010
Thanks for all the ideas!
Tags:door signs, signs
Reply Up