Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh My Gosh, Potty Training Update!
Laurel 08:43 AM 11-07-2013
Yesterday on one of the threads about potty training I asked for a copy of someone's potty training sheet cause a dad, out of the blue, told me yesterday that his 2 year old had a pull up on and there were more in her bag. She is not ready and I always hate when parents try to push it. Soooo, I sent home the following note and told dad at pickup there was a note in the bag regarding potty training.

I wrote:

Re: Potty Training

My feeling is that girls aren't truly read until about 3 and boys 3 1/2.

I hate to waste my time and your expense for pull ups this early. I would be willing to put J on the potty (as long as she doesn't resist) starting Monday. I would do it at transition times like drop off, before going outside in the a.m., before and after lunch, mid p.m. and before going home. Some parents want me to put them on every hour which I won't do. That doesn't work with a group and encourages them not to be able to hold it if we are out, etc.

I'd rather use diapers next week to see if she seems ready. I can fasten and unfasten diapers.

The single most important thing is that she feels it before and can let me know. She can say pee pee or potty (or word you prefer). (I circled this part on the letter)

If we do this, she needs to start at home this weekend. I don't potty train here but I will assist after the parent starts "intensely" at home.

Thanks, Laurel

Dad came in this morning and said that he misunderstood his wife's intention when she sent them yesterday. She meant it to be a break from diapers and something different not that they wanted to potty train right away Whatever, I'm just so happy that they took it well. I always hate the hassle when parents want to train before I think the child is ready. He also said that he knows they need to do it over a weekend first. I told him we do things here like read books about it, practice pulling up our shorts, they go to the bathroom with me and we talk about it, they like to flush, etc.
Blackcat31 09:41 AM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by Laurel:
She meant it to be a break from diapers and something different not that they wanted to potty train right away
A break from diapers That is THE strangest thing I've ever heard.

I'm thinking you don't really get a break from diapers until you are potty trained...??

As a parent, whether you put Pull-ups or diapers on your kid, you still have to change the child (and I think Pull ups are actually harder) so I don't understand who it is that is getting this break?

SUPER glad that it worked out for you though! I hate being expected to help train someone who is not at all ready.
Laurel 10:19 AM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
A break from diapers That is THE strangest thing I've ever heard.

I'm thinking you don't really get a break from diapers until you are potty trained...??

As a parent, whether you put Pull-ups or diapers on your kid, you still have to change the child (and I think Pull ups are actually harder) so I don't understand who it is that is getting this break?

SUPER glad that it worked out for you though! I hate being expected to help train someone who is not at all ready.
I don't get it either. I'm thinking he got her message wrong a second time. BUT, who cares, there was another package of diapers that I requested in her bag today and no pull-ups!

Laurel
Reply Up