Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Not Getting Off On The Right Foot At All
nannyde 04:19 AM 10-18-2011
Craigslist Ad:

Hey there my name is Carli I'm a stay at home mom who would like to keep it that way while hopefully helping someone else out I have a 4 year old Son and an 8 month old Daughter. I'm looking to babysit pretty much anytime we have ton's of toys and it would be nice to make a friend for my son. Pay rate is negotiable and depending on how many children. I would ask that you provide any food or beverage for your child. I would be happy to meet at a park or something of that nature and even take time to get to know each other : ) This wouldn't just be a job hopefully it could be a friendship as well. If you have any questions for me feel free to ask!!!!
Thank You,
Carli

Meyou 05:23 AM 10-18-2011
I don't even know where to start.

She's going to learn the hard way that being so agreeable will not work out well for her.
Cat Herder 05:30 AM 10-18-2011
Ah, to be so young and naive.
2ndFamilyDC 05:34 AM 10-18-2011
Oh My...........she has so much to learn doesn't she.
nannyde 05:34 AM 10-18-2011
Poor Carli

She's going to end up with really long hour sib groups for really low pay and a hard time getting that money cuz they are all friends and the parents are actually doing HER a favor by providing their older kid as a playmate to her child.
Meyou 05:38 AM 10-18-2011
Plus a houseful of chocolate milk in bottles, candy and packaged food.
nannyde 05:40 AM 10-18-2011
I always wonder if those deals EVER work out.
MarinaVanessa 09:50 AM 10-18-2011
This is what I read:

Craigslist Ad:

Hey there my name is Carli I want to continue to be a stay at home mom but I need extra income so I am going to try to trick someone into thinking that I am helping them out and doing them a favor by offering cheap daycare. I have no idea what the going rate is or what I am doing so I will let you set the pay rate. The only thing you must provide is the food which you will probaly just deduct from the incredibly low childcare rate that you are going to offer me. Let's hang out somewhere and become friends so that in return you can become so comfortable with me that you will begin to pay me late, not pay me when you don't need me, drop off earlier than agreed to and pick up later with no additional compensation. If you have any questions such as unreasonable specialized childcare that I will probably agree to do for you even if I don't want to for the sake of getting a client please feel free to ask.
Thank you in advance for screwing me,
Naive Nettie
cheerfuldom 09:53 AM 10-18-2011
ha ha! that is so true....and sad.....

don't forget

PS This won't last long because as soon as I get sick of the situation, I will go back to being a SAHM or move on and get my stuff together and find a better situation. Either way, be prepared to find another cheap daycare option within 6 months, if not sooner.
CountryMommy 10:17 AM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
This is what I read:

Craigslist Ad:

Hey there my name is Carli I want to continue to be a stay at home mom but I need extra income so I am going to try to trick someone into thinking that I am helping them out and doing them a favor by offering cheap daycare. I have no idea what the going rate is or what I am doing so I will let you set the pay rate. The only thing you must provide is the food which you will probaly just deduct from the incredibly low childcare rate that you are going to offer me. Let's hang out somewhere and become friends so that in return you can become so comfortable with me that you will begin to pay me late, not pay me when you don't need me, drop off earlier than agreed to and pick up later with no additional compensation. If you have any questions such as unreasonable specialized childcare that I will probably agree to do for you even if I don't want to for the sake of getting a client please feel free to ask.
Thank you in advance for screwing me,
Naive Nettie

I see ads like this one on kijiji all.the.time.
Tags:new provider, newbie
Reply Up