Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hug Your Child
sharlan 04:30 PM 02-17-2014
There was a tragic accident at a local park last Friday. My grandkids were at the ballpark for softball/baseball practice. A little 8 yo boy was running on the sidewalk and fell to the ground. Despite almost instant chest compressions from grandson's asst coach who is a paramedic/fireman, fast response from the fire dept and ambulance, the little boy never regained consciousness.

The asst coach felt that the little boy either had an aneurism or heart attack.

Life is so fragile and can be lost in an instant.
daycare 04:39 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by sharlan:
There was a tragic accident at a local park last Friday. My grandkids were at the ballpark for softball/baseball practice. A little 8 yo boy was running on the sidewalk and fell to the ground. Despite almost instant chest compressions from grandson's asst coach who is a paramedic/fireman, fast response from the fire dept and ambulance, the little boy never regained consciousness.

The asst coach felt that the little boy either had an aneurism or heart attack.

I just lost my niece this past week she was 5..................there are just some things I will never understand...

so sad
sharlan 04:43 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
I just lost my niece this past week she was 5..................there are just some things I will never understand...

so sad
Was she treated at Loma Linda?
e.j. 04:50 PM 02-17-2014
So true. I always tell my husband and kids that I love them and give them a hug before they leave the house or go to sleep at night. My kids think I'm nuts but if anything were to happen to them, I'd rather know that I told them every chance I got than to regret not telling them enough.

Daycare, I'm so sorry to hear that your niece passed away this week. I know it wasn't unexpected but still difficult just the same.
daycare 04:50 PM 02-17-2014
Was she treated at Loma Linda?
yes that is the one.............I miss her dearly
CraftyMom 04:54 PM 02-17-2014
Hugs for everyone
So sad!
sharlan 04:59 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
yes that is the one.............I miss her dearly
Did they have a memorial for her on Fri?

My gf's grandson is being treated there and they went to a memorial for a 5 yo girl on Friday.
daycare 05:01 PM 02-17-2014
Did they have a memorial for her on Fri?

My gf's grandson is being treated there and they went to a memorial for a 5 yo girl on Friday.
no, not yet. because all of our family is out of the country, we will not have one until march.

What is your GFs son being treated for?

I always say....there is not guarantee for tomorrow
sharlan 05:11 PM 02-17-2014
Rhabdomyosarcoma - he was operated on in Nov for tumors that covered his heart, lung, diaphragm, and one other place. They told the family the first week in Dec that they got all the tumors and he was cancer free. By the middle of Jan, all the tumors plus more in his abdomen were back.
daycare 05:29 PM 02-17-2014
Rhabdomyosarcoma - he was operated on in Nov for tumors that covered his heart, lung, diaphragm, and one other place. They told the family the first week in Dec that they got all the tumors and he was cancer free. By the middle of Jan, all the tumors plus more in his abdomen were back.
LL hospital did the same thing to my niece....told her she was cancer free in end of oct...

then in nov she suffered seizures, they got her stable ran all of the necesary testing and said she was clear, didn't need any more chemo etc

two weeks later in dec she was in San Diego and spiked 105 fever. SD childrens HS told my family that she her 90% of her body was coverd in tumors ????

SD flew her back to LL where LL tried to say that they told my family that before.......UGH
melilley 05:55 PM 02-17-2014
So true, hug everyone!

My grams passed away on Valentine's Day. She lived in FL, but I wish I could have given her one last hug!

And a friend of mine's friend was broadsided on V day and she was 37 weeks pregnant. Her mother was driving and she died and also the unborn baby anbd she is in intensive care.

You just never know.
Josiegirl 02:41 AM 02-18-2014
My heart breaks for all this sadness. Life can be devastating at times. And I guess not for us to understand.
LadyPearl 06:12 AM 02-18-2014
I will never understand the death of children. It breaks my heart. It makes all of our day-to-day problems seem so insignificant.
snbauser 06:40 AM 02-18-2014
So true. So sad for anyone who loses a loved one, but especially a child. This happened not more than 10 minutes from my house yesterday afternoon -
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/loca...nth-old/ndRbn/
Tags:death, family - friends, gratitude
Reply Up