Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please help!!
dmbgirlno1 09:32 PM 08-11-2009
Does anyone know the rules on receiving copies of the sign in and out sheet.

My ex husband is asking for the sign in and out sheet but I don't believe he should receive them. For one reason, I pay for daycare he doesn't. The custody paper states he's only allow to pick her up every other Friday. So the only reason he wants the sign in and out sheet is to keep track of when I drop her or pick her up during my custody time. He thinks by getting this sheet, he can prove to the court that they should give him more child custody to him so she won't be in daycare.

I thought that the daycare is not allow to give him this info since he's not the person that enrolled or pays for the daycare? Would somone please let me know if this is correct and if so is there some penal code # that I can show the daycare that they are not to give him this infomation.

Any advice will be greatly appericated.

Thank you!
Unregistered 08:10 AM 08-12-2009
Your provider can not give out your information, that is none of his business. Call your areas childcare licencing (if she is licensed), if she is not licensed, they probably can't help you.. I am surprised she is considering that. I have parents whom I care for their children for each of them and they are split up. I make sure what happenes with them is their personal business, they each pay for me to care for their child and deserve confidentiality. If she is caring for the child for him or not, your personal interactions are between you and the provider. If she is willing to give out your / her personal information, it is time for you to find other daycare, don't wait until she does give out information.
Good luck
ConcernedMotherof2 11:19 AM 08-12-2009
You may think of pointing out to the daycare that it would be a privacy issue with the other children whos names appear on the sign in/out sheet. Other than that, you may need to get the advice of a lawyer in order to legally prevent them from sharing the information with your ex. To involve the daycare in your custody issues is rather childish on his part and I hope that this situation works out well for you.
Best of luck.
Rosie 12:33 PM 08-12-2009
This depends on the State and City of where you reside. The facility may grant the Father a copy depending on the registration information. If he is allowed to pick up your daughter, than he may have legal rights to obtain this information. Did you sign an agreement with the school?

I'm sure the school will do what they can to not get involved in a dispute, so if I were you please check your county and state laws regarding this. There should be a free legal advocate you can contact in your city for information, or check with the courthouse.
A local Pastor who runs a daycare would also know the legalities involved here.

Perhaps it's time to take this matter to the Pastor of a Bible teaching Church such as Calvary, non denominational as they are well versed in these matters, especially if they have their own school.

In your situation, God is the best friend to have for what you will be going through!

God Bless!
seashell 01:18 PM 08-12-2009
Honestly, I can't think of any rule that they would be breaking by giving him a copy of the sign in if his name was on the enrollment forms / contract. If he's signature is not on any forms, then I don't think they can give it to him. Depending on the state your in, the daycare may only have a few weeks worth of sign in's. We were only required to keep 6 weeks worth.

Even if the daycare doesn't give it to him, his attorney could supeona the info from the daycare if they want it that badly.
Unregistered 04:15 PM 08-15-2009
What is the reason that he wants the sheets? He has a right to see them, he has custodial rights, correct? Because you pay, doesn't relinquish his rights as a father. I just do not understand why he wants the sign in/out sheets. The center cannot deny him access, but they can say that it is their policy not to distribute this info.
Reply Up