Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update / Question on Police thread
Unregistered 07:29 PM 06-15-2011
I posted about a client snapping and going off her rocker here and me calling the police to get her to leave on Saturday. I have an update now with a question.

Nothing else happened after Saturday. She never came to get the clothes Sunday as scheduled. Her Mom works at the local gas station where my Mom went in. I told Mom if she saw her to ask her Mom if I could drop off the DCBs outfit to her there at the station so this is all over with. I figure its all recorded so they cant say I didnt drop them off and the clients Mother and I have always had a great realationship she never disrespected me.

My mom said as soon as she walked in station the clients Mom said "OHH Cindy how are you can I please talk to you" Mom said the clients Mom went on to ask what happened at daycare because the client is going around telling everyone I kicked her child out without any notice because her little boy kicked my son in the chest among other false things. My Mom said she told her that was not correct and said she couldnt say much else but that the client called me a Ct in front of my young child leaving me to explain what that is. The clients Mom is shocked over the whole thing and says dcb misses me so much that all he asks all day can we go to.... house. I want daycare... The client yells at the 3 yr old dcb and tells him its his fault for kicking my son and he is now kicked out. THAT is not true!

This poor little boy keeps telling his Grandma he is sorry and wants to come to daycare. More was said but u get the idea. This clients Mother said she doesnt know what to do with dcm because she is out of control runing all aspects of her life and now daycare too where the dcb had the only stable loving, learning environment in his life. My Mom said again she can not discuss anything else that she would have to talk to me. So I guess DCMs Mom is planning on talking to me.

My question is what can I say? If I say nothing because it's confidential then they will believe the stories DCM spews wondering why I wont defend myself yet I dont want to break privacy policy. So how far can I go to defend my reputation as to what really happened here? What can I say? I have a chance here with the dcms own family still having some respect and wondering what the real story may be. Can I correct ot for the sake of my daycare reputation?
littlemissmuffet 07:49 PM 06-15-2011
I'm so sorry that you are going through this... but I am even more sorry for that little boy

Unfortunately, my advice is to just keep your lips sealed. If her mom was going on about how your client's life is out of control, it's likely she already knows the real truth about her daughter and what happened. If granny wants to talk, I would just tell her due to confidentiality you are not able to go into detail but the stories you are hearing about the term are false... and I would return the items to granny and have her sign something saying she received them just to be thourough.

Again, sorry you have to deal with this, but sadly, it comes with the territory - if anyone you know believes the BS bad DC mom is spewing you don't want to know those people.
wdmmom 07:53 PM 06-15-2011
I don't care who contacted me...whether it be the police, licensing, or the former clients family, I would state that it was in your best interest to terminate care. End of story. The circumstances leading up to it are really irrelevant at this point.
Mike Lassiter 03:59 AM 06-16-2011
It sounds like the childs mother is suddenly acting very out of normal character. I suspect drug related issuses here. From what you stated previously she isn't her normal self. Drugs will consume her money and turn her into a completely different person. It sounds like her mom knows something isn't normal but not why and maybe looking for answers herself.
Frankly I would have a talk with her about what happened AND I would record it (and be sure you tell her you are and have that statement on the recording). You have the right to clear your name against false accusations but don't need to think her mom to be "on your side" of this.
It might be that with what happened with you and the other things mom has witnessed her daughter doing you don't know about; it could be the son needs to be removed from his mother. She has already twisted things around and laying the blame of it all on him. You have to wonder what other issues she is dumping on him. It's not right for her to make him think he is the blame for her actions. He is at risk being with her I'd suspect and someone needs to make sure he doesn't become his mother's emotional punching bag. That's a lot for a little fellow to carry.
Auntie 06:09 AM 06-16-2011
I would suggest telling the grandma that you are sorry but due to confidentiality you can NOT say anything as to why they were termed.

I think the less you say the better. I have learned that even the nicest of nice can turn on you in this profession so sometimes less is best.
littlemissmuffet 06:06 PM 06-17-2011
Originally Posted by Mike Lassiter:
It might be that with what happened with you and the other things mom has witnessed her daughter doing you don't know about; it could be the son needs to be removed from his mother. She has already twisted things around and laying the blame of it all on him. You have to wonder what other issues she is dumping on him. It's not right for her to make him think he is the blame for her actions. He is at risk being with her I'd suspect and someone needs to make sure he doesn't become his mother's emotional punching bag. That's a lot for a little fellow to carry.
This is a VERY strong and valuable point! All confidentiality is thrown out the window if a child is in harm's way...
do you get the vibe that the little dude is... or was this just a really hairy one-off situation?
Tags:bad parent, drugs, police report, terminated
Reply Up