Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Dress Up For The Kids On Halloween?
DaycareMama 04:56 PM 10-22-2011
Just wondering how many dress up for the kids on Halloween? I want to. But I need some ideas Something that won't make me look larger then I already am

Any suggestions?
dave4him 06:01 PM 10-22-2011
If they want to come dressed up sure

My own are going to be I got a little Dinosaur and a bumble bee
DaycareMama 06:39 PM 10-22-2011
All the kids are coming dressed up (well bringing their costumes for an afternoon party). But I would like to greet them that morning dressed.

But im drawing a blank on what to be
dave4him 06:40 PM 10-22-2011
I would fall back on my shepherd costume
queenbee 08:15 PM 10-22-2011
I'm a simple gal

I wear all black, throw on a pair of kitty ears and paint on a few whiskers. Voila! A kitty cat.

The kids get a KICK out of me "dressing" up in a costume.

I learned my lesson on spending big bucks on a costume while doing daycare. While bending down to pick up a child for a diaper change, the seem on my behind broke open and oops! A few of my daycare parents got a nice view of my underwear and I was so mortified for the next couple weeks. The icing on the cake was a newly potty trained dcg shouting "Miss T? You wear panties, too? "

Never again, my friend. Never again.
Meeko 06:28 AM 10-24-2011
Some years I dress up and others I don't.

One of my favorites is to wear my PJ's! It's comfortable! I wear fuzzy slippers and back comb my hair to look tousled and crazy. Quick and easy.
mismatchedsocks 06:35 AM 10-24-2011
I have little face masks or headbands with different things on them. I will throw one on in the morning, and change it after lunch for them.

Im thinking it will be pj day for me this year, and maybe make a diaper out of a sheet. Be a baby!
DaycareMama 09:27 AM 10-24-2011
I saw the baby get up in the store while I was looking for simple do myself ideas. I wondered how that would go over with parents.... I bet the kids would love it and think its funny.

Im thinking the simple cat sounds good or maybe a spider? Not sure I am up to the task of creating mulitple legs though. Im not that great at sewing
kendallina 10:11 AM 10-24-2011
The kids and I all wear our pajamas on Halloween and have a party!

I don't want to be responsible for their costumes and in our town there are plenty of activities going on the week of Halloween, so they have lots of opportunities to wear them.
dEHmom 10:13 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
Some years I dress up and others I don't.

One of my favorites is to wear my PJ's! It's comfortable! I wear fuzzy slippers and back comb my hair to look tousled and crazy. Quick and easy.
i'm curious, i've never backcombed my hair before, but how is it to brush out after it's done?
Meeko 10:23 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
i'm curious, i've never backcombed my hair before, but how is it to brush out after it's done?
My hair is fairly short, so it's not too hard. My daughter has waist length hair and did it once for a play and it took forever to comb it out! So I guess it depends on your hair!
dEHmom 10:26 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
My hair is fairly short, so it's not too hard. My daughter has waist length hair and did it once for a play and it took forever to comb it out! So I guess it depends on your hair!
eeek! then I will avoid that.
godiva83 10:46 AM 10-24-2011
I am debating also.. Maybe do the simple p.j thing
Or car. Usually I dress up as Mulan from Disney but this year I am not feeling it
Tags:halloween, halloween - outfit
Reply Up