Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to Open a Center Childcare???
Liliya 05:10 AM 07-22-2010
I really want to open a center, but I have no idea where to start looking for a building. I have in-home childcare for 4 years now (Licensed) and want to expand. I know licensing process,but first I need a building.
If you have any ideas please help.
Thanks!
Vesta 06:05 AM 07-22-2010
I took a class way back when, I can't remember the name of it, but it went over everything one would need to do to open a center.
We had to go through the process of a business plan, designing a building, initial investment budget (that was not fun), daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly budgets (it's amazing how those things can change on you), paper work for small business loan, job requirements for all the staff, schedules, policies, rates, advertising, insurance, unemployment insurance, social security, who's going to do the lawn care or shovel the parking lot, zoning laws, janitor or cleaning service...........It was a lot.
The whole semester class was just to make a binder that you could present to the local small business association. All that and there were still gaps on how to run even a home daycare.
Anyway, I guess my point is, it might be a good idea to look into a class at the local community college.
Even if you have a BS in Early Childhood or even an MS, if I remember correctly this class was only a requirement for us suckers settling for an AS in Early Childhood.
Also if your local CCR&R is offering QRS classes on the business and environmental ratings, there's a lot of great information there on what is required.
Crystal 06:26 AM 07-22-2010
try http://www.loopnet.com

you can search for centers that are for sale or lease
preschoolmummy 12:30 AM 07-27-2010
I've founded a preschool curriculum (IPC) International preschool curriculum.

There are many consultant to guidance about preschool curriculum.
I't important when starting preschool and how to start it.
It's not easy to obtained enroll and overcome.

For more information you can call prescholl curriculum
Tags:buy
Reply Up