Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Laugh For You All: Dog Peed On Dad's Shoe At Interview!
meganlavonnesmommy 09:38 AM 12-22-2011
I had an interview a few days ago for my last open spot for care.
I always put our 1 year old puppy outside when parents are here because he gets all excited that new people are here, and jumps up on them.
During the interview the parents saw our dog in the backyard, and begged me over and over to let him in so they could see him. They said they loved dogs, and he was so cute, and could they play with him.
So I let him in the house. He immediately peed on the Dad's shoe!

Our dog has NEVER peed on anyone in his life! He is NOT one of those nervous peeing dogs that pees when they get excited. I was MORTIFIED!
I apoligized over and over, and cleaned the Dad's shoe for him.
They laughed, and acted like it was no big deal.
Do you think they will be back? HAHAHA!
Ariana 09:42 AM 12-22-2011

Well they did beg you to bring him inside so technically it's their fault right?!
MarinaVanessa 09:44 AM 12-22-2011
LOL!! Wow, that has got to be the finniest thing that I've ever heard happen during an interview. At least they laughed it off so I thought was awesome. Hopefully they'll call back and sign up if only BECAUSE it was so funny that your dog pee'd on him. That will make for a great story if they do sign up
meganlavonnesmommy 10:06 AM 12-22-2011
I'm afraid they will think my dog runs around peeing on the kids, or the toys. Honestly, other than when we first brought him home as an 8 week old puppy, he hasnt peed on anything!
Blackcat31 07:29 AM 12-23-2011
I'm sure they will be back....after all the puppy "marked" them as his now so....
busymommy0420 08:15 AM 12-23-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I'm sure they will be back....after all the puppy "marked" them as his now so....
Too Funny!!!!
SimpleMom 08:27 AM 12-23-2011
Originally Posted by meganlavonnesmommy:
I had an interview a few days ago for my last open spot for care.
I always put our 1 year old puppy outside when parents are here because he gets all excited that new people are here, and jumps up on them.
During the interview the parents saw our dog in the backyard, and begged me over and over to let him in so they could see him. They said they loved dogs, and he was so cute, and could they play with him.
So I let him in the house. He immediately peed on the Dad's shoe!

Our dog has NEVER peed on anyone in his life! He is NOT one of those nervous peeing dogs that pees when they get excited. I was MORTIFIED!
I apoligized over and over, and cleaned the Dad's shoe for him.
They laughed, and acted like it was no big deal.
Do you think they will be back? HAHAHA!
That is too funny! I din't know what I would've done
Zoe 08:46 AM 12-23-2011
They are clearly dog people and understand that excited tiny puppies pee. No worries.
KEG123 08:55 AM 12-23-2011
LOL so funny! I don't think it would be a deal breaker at all, especially since they did want you to bring the pup in!
beachgrl 09:43 AM 12-27-2011
Our little chiuaua peed in the floor one am he got do excited that dcm was talking to him and petting him, ha..she knows to be on the lookout with him now though and didn't seem to be bothered by it but he is def one of those gets excited or scared and dribbles dogs,ugh
GretasLittleFriends 12:08 PM 12-27-2011
We have dogs, but one is OUTSIDE ONLY. I was interviewing a family and was explaining our pets. Cat who was never around kids because she chose to live in the basement where the children weren't allowed. One dog who goes with my husband trucking, one who is in the house with us all the time, and the outside only dog. No sooner did I say that the outside dog comes trotting into the kitchen and eating out of the little dog's dish. They laughed hysterically, I was mortified. Their son has been with me for about 2 years now.

So, I'm wondering, this was posted last week... Have you heard back from the family?
Kaddidle Care 12:15 PM 12-27-2011
I was curious if they came back as well.

My dog used to piddle from excitement when he was a puppy. I'd explain this to people when I walked him and told them to not pet him until he was sitting - that way if he piddled, he'd do it on himself. It was a great training aid. You know the folks that insist on petting the puppy that you are trying to train saying "Oh it's OK!" Well... it wasn't OK and if they didn't listen to me they got wet!

To the OP - something that helped us was when introducing someone new to the dog to tell them not to make a big huge fuss over him within the first 5 minutes or so. Then the dog has a bit of time to calm down, reducing the piddle accidents.

Thankfully my dog has outgrown it and sits like a champ when greeting someone. (unfortunately he is never close enough so he sits and scoots until he's actually sitting on the person's foot!) Nobody's perfect!
PitterPatter 04:04 PM 12-27-2011
LOL funny but maybe your dog was telling you something. Maybe they aren't right for your program so he peed on them. Or maybe he was marking him saying he liked him so he's mine lol
dave4him 04:49 PM 12-27-2011
Marking territory... probably smelled another dog on the people
meganlavonnesmommy 06:28 PM 12-27-2011
He never "marks his territory" either. At least he never has before.

I havent heard back from them.
But that's not unusual. They didnt need care until starting mid January, and people have a tendency to not call back until just before they need to start.

Then they get mad if I filled the spot with someone else. Oh well, we'll see.
Tags:dog, funny, pets in daycare
Reply Up