Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lesson Learned
katie 06:20 AM 07-30-2010
So, I started about 4 months ago. Mom#1 is great, single mom, her schedule is 8-5 3 days and 12-9 2 days. She referred me a coworker who supposedly had same schedule. She said they would work together to get the days the same. After the first week, mom#2 started just dropping off at 7 every morning. Now, dad who is seperated picks up sometimes so I didn't have #2 at night until this week. She popped those 2 days on me at the last minute. So 4 days of 7 am to 9:30pm! I woke up last night with really high blood pressure. My own kids are tired. This morning I told mom#1 I was putting an end to the alternate days if they can't be on the same schedule. She informed me that mom#2 doesn't come in until 12!!!!! She has been dropping her off at 7 and going in at 12. I"m the sucker. That ends today. She's dropping off at 10. Wish me luck. I'll let you know how busted mom#2 goes!
JenNJ 06:25 AM 07-30-2010
You need to have contracted hours with her!!!!!!!!
originalkat 06:27 AM 07-30-2010
Oh Man! Yes, let us know how it goes.
momofboys 06:46 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by katie:
So, I started about 4 months ago. Mom#1 is great, single mom, her schedule is 8-5 3 days and 12-9 2 days. She referred me a coworker who supposedly had same schedule. She said they would work together to get the days the same. After the first week, mom#2 started just dropping off at 7 every morning. Now, dad who is seperated picks up sometimes so I didn't have #2 at night until this week. She popped those 2 days on me at the last minute. So 4 days of 7 am to 9:30pm! I woke up last night with really high blood pressure. My own kids are tired. This morning I told mom#1 I was putting an end to the alternate days if they can't be on the same schedule. She informed me that mom#2 doesn't come in until 12!!!!! She has been dropping her off at 7 and going in at 12. I"m the sucker. That ends today. She's dropping off at 10. Wish me luck. I'll let you know how busted mom#2 goes!
Wow, so you provided care for 14 hrs for the one family!!!! I would only do that if the parents paid me for 1 1/2 days of pay. That's insane. Put a stop to it pronto & demand payment for your extra time. No normal person works 14 1/2 hr shifts for a normal day of pay. Good luck! Get out your backbone!
Lilbutterflie 07:36 AM 07-30-2010
BUSTED!!! LOL
I agree, contracted hours from now on. If her schedule is different each week, I would tell her I need her schedule as far in advance as she receives it. And maybe you could also add that anything over 10 or 11 hours is overtime pay just in case she does it again.
katie 08:21 AM 07-30-2010
So the mom came in and I told her she had to get her schedule together with mom#1 as planned. I wasn't watching both that long but overlapping was killing me. Esp when the mom was doing whatever, getting her hair done, etc. I wish I had 5 free hours a day, lol I can't imagine dropping my child off and going alone for 5 hours a day. Anyway, she turned white, busted! She said I'm sorry about 15 times and left. I told her in plain words never again. Work it out. Feels good. Must I learn the hard way? BTW what are contracted hours?? Do tell.
momofboys 08:50 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by katie:
So the mom came in and I told her she had to get her schedule together with mom#1 as planned. I wasn't watching both that long but overlapping was killing me. Esp when the mom was doing whatever, getting her hair done, etc. I wish I had 5 free hours a day, lol I can't imagine dropping my child off and going alone for 5 hours a day. Anyway, she turned white, busted! She said I'm sorry about 15 times and left. I told her in plain words never again. Work it out. Feels good. Must I learn the hard way? BTW what are contracted hours?? Do tell.
Contracted hours are hours you agree to provide care based upon the parents' work schedule. You put it in writing. So if your parent works 8 - 4:30 you would likely say the hours you can provide care are 7:30-5:00. That allows time to commute to work. Anytime before or after these times would be subject to late fees/overtime fees.
JenNJ 10:07 AM 07-30-2010
Exactly what janarae said. I have no "hours of operation." I work based on contracted hours ONLY! If you are late, you are subjected to my phenominal late charges (insert evil laugh here)
Tags:contracted hours
Reply Up