Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CDA & Non-Formal CDA
Preschool/daycare teacher 08:52 PM 07-18-2010
Is there a difference between a CDA and a Non-Formal CDA? If there is, what is the difference, and is one better than the other? Where can I find information on Local CDA classes? I'm in Indiana.
TeeSee 05:03 AM 07-19-2010
From what I understand, a formal CDA is college credit classes. Non-formal CDA means you can't use the courses to obtain an associates (or higher).

Google TEACH scholarships Indiana and you should be able to find more info about location of the classes. Child Care Answers only does a couple of non-formal classes a year but Ivy Tech offers online classes throughout the year.

Hope this helps.
originalkat 08:00 AM 07-19-2010
From what I understand...the Non Formal CDA is a training program to help you get your CDA. Here is what I found on the website...
http://www.iaeyc.org/IndianaNonForma...S/Default.aspx

Designed to assist early care and education providers in meeting the requirements needed to attain a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, the Indiana Non Formal CDA Project seeks to improve the quality of child care by increasing the education and skills of providers. CDA is a national credential awarded to those completing the CDA Assessment. Individuals attaining the CDA credential are prepared to meet the specific needs of children by nurturing their physical, social, emotional, and intellectual growth.

The Indiana Non Formal CDA training is provided throughout the state by local agencies with experience in training for the CDA credential. The project provides participants with training courses and books (for four courses), advising, and direct eligibility for the CDA Assessment. In addition, those completing 120 hours of training receive a $100 bonus. The Indiana Non Formal CDA Project and individual participants share a portion of the training cost.

The Indiana Non Formal CDA Project is funded by the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration, Division of Family Resources, Bureau of Child Care, and is a project of Indiana AEYC.

Contact Information
To inquire about CDA classes, contact the Grantee directly or contact the Indiana Non Formal CDA Project at Indiana AEYC:
(800) 657-7577/(317) 356-6884 or nonformalcda@iaeyc.org

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!
Tags:cda
Reply Up