Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How'd She do That?!?!?!
fctjc1979 08:57 AM 06-13-2010
My 15-month-old came over to sit on my lap. She sat on my lap for a good 20 minutes watching what I was doing on the computer and then suddenly, she was peeing on my leg. I started to change her and realized - there's no diaper on under her pants!! I honestly thought I forgot to put one on her. This pregnancy is kind of making me spacey. But, NO, over by the couch was a wet diaper that she had pulled off. I have no idea how she got her diaper off but kept her pants on. Way too funny!!!!
fctjc1979 09:19 AM 06-13-2010
She's already put her hands into the dry pants I put on her and has pulled the tabs off her new diaper. She hasn't been able to pull it off yet like she did the other one. I layed her back down and reattached the straps but she pulled them off again right away. Looks like I'm going to have to start putting her in onesies all the time.
Daycare Mommy 10:02 AM 06-13-2010
Just what I was thinking. It's onesie time!
Former Teacher 12:02 PM 06-13-2010
Originally Posted by fctjc1979:
She's already put her hands into the dry pants I put on her and has pulled the tabs off her new diaper. She hasn't been able to pull it off yet like she did the other one. I layed her back down and reattached the straps but she pulled them off again right away. Looks like I'm going to have to start putting her in onesies all the time.
That is funny haha...I remember once we had a little girl who was about your daughters age and she lived with her aunt. Well the aunt wasn't all there if you know what I mean.

Anyway I went to change her diaper one morning ( I wasn't her normal caregiver so this was news to me) and I noticed that the diaper was put on backwards! I thought...ok this aunt is REALLY nuts

Turns out that the little girl had a habit of taking off the diaper so the aunt would put the diaper on backwards so the girl couldn't pull the tabs off haha! I still giggle every time I think about it!
fctjc1979 12:23 PM 06-13-2010
That's a really good idea! I'll have to give that one a try.
Former Teacher 02:32 PM 06-13-2010
That's a really good idea! I'll have to give that one a try.
Go for it!
fctjc1979 06:06 AM 06-14-2010
I tried the backwards diaper thing last night. The only pajamas I had clean for her (yeah, I'm behind on laundrey lol) was a shirt/pant combo and I didn't want to have to worry about the diaper coming off. She usually wakes me up in the morning (her crib is right next to my bed- small house) by poking my nose and laughing. This morning, however, I woke up without her assistance, looked over in the crib and there she was ---- completely naked!!!!! She was playing with the shirt from her pajamas; naked as the day she was born. The diaper was on the floor quite a ways away from the crib (she must have thrown it). Luckily - no poop!!!! I couldn't believe the grin on her face. It was actually a great start to my day because it got me laughing so hard. Kids!!!!!!
Former Teacher 06:14 AM 06-14-2010
i tried the backwards diaper thing last night. The only pajamas i had clean for her (yeah, i'm behind on laundrey lol) was a shirt/pant combo and i didn't want to have to worry about the diaper coming off. She usually wakes me up in the morning (her crib is right next to my bed- small house) by poking my nose and laughing. This morning, however, i woke up without her assistance, looked over in the crib and there she was ---- completely naked!!!!! She was playing with the shirt from her pajamas; naked as the day she was born. The diaper was on the floor quite a ways away from the crib (she must have thrown it). Luckily - no poop!!!! I couldn't believe the grin on her face. It was actually a great start to my day because it got me laughing so hard. Kids!!!!!! :d:d
hahahahahhahaha!!!!!!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 06:16 AM 06-14-2010
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
That is funny haha...I remember once we had a little girl who was about your daughters age and she lived with her aunt. Well the aunt wasn't all there if you know what I mean.

Anyway I went to change her diaper one morning ( I wasn't her normal caregiver so this was news to me) and I noticed that the diaper was put on backwards! I thought...ok this aunt is REALLY nuts

Turns out that the little girl had a habit of taking off the diaper so the aunt would put the diaper on backwards so the girl couldn't pull the tabs off haha! I still giggle every time I think about it!
The 19 month daycare boy I watch started taking his diaper off a couple of months ago...I suggested to his grandma to do the backwards diaper trick and it worked for him.
professionalmom 08:07 AM 06-14-2010
My 22 mth old DD has been taking her diapers off since shortly after her first birthday. We are now at the stage where we use pull-ups during the day (potty training) and at night we put on 2 diapers, one the correct way and an outer diaper that's on backwards. It seems to work - for now. My husband tried duct tape once, but she still got her hands inside the diaper and pulled poop out and did some body painting with it - DISGUSTING!!

I am curious as to how she got it off without taking off the panties though. Is she practicing being a magician?
fctjc1979 08:27 AM 06-14-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:

I am curious as to how she got it off without taking off the panties though. Is she practicing being a magician?
I know! I totally wish that I had seen her do this. I wonder how long it took her to work that diaper out of her pants!
professionalmom 08:46 AM 06-14-2010
I know! I totally wish that I had seen her do this. I wonder how long it took her to work that diaper out of her pants!
I'm sorry but I will be thinking about this for a long time, laughing about it, and keep trying to figure out HOW. Thanks for the laughs. Heaven knows, in this profession, we really need these stories to give us a good belly laugh!

Oh, it reminds me of a story a DCM told me about her daughter. One day DCG (while at home) had pooped and it went up her back. The odd thing was, the diaper was clean as a whistle. I heard that over 6 mths ago and STILL can't figure out how someone can shoot poop out of the diaper without getting something on it!
Tags:15 month old, no diaper, pee
Reply Up