Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>10 Year Old Girls
rmc20021 06:23 PM 04-13-2013
Ok...my granddaughter is having a sleepover birthday party for her 10th birthday tonight. There are 6 girls here. I have decided I will take my 4 and 5 year old daycare boys ANY DAY!!!!!

Cannot believe the behaviors of these girls!!!!!
sharlan 07:28 PM 04-13-2013
{{HUGS}}

I can't believe the behaviors of most kids today.
countrymom 04:58 AM 04-14-2013
on friday I took my kids for late night public swim. there was a group of 5 girls and they had to be either 8 or 9. they got kicked out of the hot tub (not really a hot tub, just warm water) because they were being stupid, a dad had his disabled ds in there and the girls where throwing water everywhere, so they were kicked out of it. then they went to complain to thier parents but they didn't care.
rmc20021 05:51 AM 04-14-2013
Yeah...I had one girl who is as tall as a 12 year old trying to do summersaults in the house. Another girl who is as big as I am (I am 5'8 and definitely overweight so she is VERY overweight for her age) thought it was ok to run smack dab in the middle of the other girls when they were grouped together, full force and knocking them all over. She has then continued to run in the house and just fall down wherever she felt...usually on top of someone.I have found candy stuck all over the floor which they have had in their mouths and apparently just spit out. Candy wrappers all over the house instead of putting it into the trash.

I will NEVER do this again...and I have now learned to appreciate my little ones so much more. And they better all go home on time this morning because my nerves are totally shot...
Blackcat31 06:38 AM 04-14-2013
Originally Posted by rmc20021:
Yeah...I had one girl who is as tall as a 12 year old trying to do summersaults in the house. Another girl who is as big as I am (I am 5'8 and definitely overweight so she is VERY overweight for her age) thought it was ok to run smack dab in the middle of the other girls when they were grouped together, full force and knocking them all over. She has then continued to run in the house and just fall down wherever she felt...usually on top of someone.I have found candy stuck all over the floor which they have had in their mouths and apparently just spit out. Candy wrappers all over the house instead of putting it into the trash.

I will NEVER do this again...and I have now learned to appreciate my little ones so much more. And they better all go home on time this morning because my nerves are totally shot...
If this is how they are taught to behave as invited guests in someone else's home.......just imagine how they behave when they are at home!

I was VERY lucky in this area too as whenever my DD wanted to do a sleep over of more than just 1 or 2 of her best friends, I would make her do it at the daycare house. That way it none of "that" kind of behavior happened in my home.

If I were you, I would probably mention in a casual way how surprised you were at the girls' behavior to their parents....then let them (the parents) wonder if it was their kid or not. Sadly, most probably won't care but you might get lucky and start a few of them thinking.....
MNMum 04:26 PM 04-14-2013
I let my 10 year old have a sleepover for her birthday this year. I was amazed at how well behaved the girls were. I think about 8 of them slept over. I was so happy to see that she had chosen a group of girls that knows how to have a good time, and be respectful to each other.Now if only they can stay this way.
NeedaVaca 04:39 PM 04-14-2013
That sounds awful! I am so lucky, my DD is 9 and has sleepovers a lot with the neighborhood girls-there are about 5 of them and they are all so polite and sweet. The parents all raise them right and you can really tell.
mama0609 04:46 PM 04-14-2013
My son is rarely allowed to have friends over at all, let alone have them spend the night. The couple times he has it was a total disaster, kids screaming and yelling, jumping on and off the furniture, food and drink cups everywhere. Constantly asking for more food, asking for something to do. Needing me to be the cruise director. It's like they don't know how to just play something. I mean, I don't expect them to sit and be quiet all night long but it's like everyone goes absolutely nuts when they're here. I mean I think back to my slumber party days and i have to wonder if we drove the parents just as nuts. We were always invited back and my parents always let me invite friends back so we couldn't have been that bad right! Lol
Hunni Bee 05:13 PM 04-14-2013
When my sister and I were little and we had friends over, we were "responsible" for our guests. We had to make sure they followed the house rules, especially when we got around that age. If we didn't, we knew the whole thing was going to get shut down and we wouldn't be allowed to have friends over for a while.

While I agree that the behavior of those girls was way inappropriate for their age, I think the OPs granddaughter, as the host, had some responsibility keeping her guests in line, enlisting Grandma as help if need be.
MNMum 07:58 PM 04-14-2013
Originally Posted by mama0609:
My son is rarely allowed to have friends over at all, let alone have them spend the night. The couple times he has it was a total disaster, kids screaming and yelling, jumping on and off the furniture, food and drink cups everywhere. Constantly asking for more food, asking for something to do. Needing me to be the cruise director. It's like they don't know how to just play something. I mean, I don't expect them to sit and be quiet all night long but it's like everyone goes absolutely nuts when they're here. I mean I think back to my slumber party days and i have to wonder if we drove the parents just as nuts. We were always invited back and my parents always let me invite friends back so we couldn't have been that bad right! Lol
Wow. I'm afraid for my boy to get older...10 yo boys scare me.
rmc20021 06:04 AM 04-15-2013
We had the party in the daycare play room (which WAS my living room converted to just play room) I was present the entire time. These girls would just be standing there and suddenly start doing the cartwheel thing or whatever it was, such as the running from one end of the room to the other and plow into the other kids knocking them all over the place.

Granddaughter didn't even see some of this as it began. I had to step in as soon as I saw it and let them know we don't do that here. I believe it would have even been overwhelming for granddaughter to try to catch their behaviors and try to correct them.

I've already told granddaughter some of those girls were not welcome here again.
mama0609 09:03 AM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by MNMum:
Wow. I'm afraid for my boy to get older...10 yo boys scare me.
Lol my son will be 7 on Saturday. When he is 10 I'm sure he will be nearly the same size as I am. I can't imagine a house full of boys my size. Scary!
daycarediva 09:37 AM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by mama0609:
Lol my son will be 7 on Saturday. When he is 10 I'm sure he will be nearly the same size as I am. I can't imagine a house full of boys my size. Scary!
My ds is 11, taller than I am and outweighs me. Atleast he and his one friend stay OUTSIDE for the majority of their time.
Reply Up