Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Pass For The Pool?
KSDC 11:28 AM 06-03-2014
Our tiny town built a new pool last year. Before that, I was able to take my daycare munchkins to the free wading pool. The new pool got rid of the free wading pool. I was able to buy a "Daycare Pass" for $125. Able to take all my munchkins (usually around 5-7) everyday for that.

This year, the pass went up to $255.

Another provider and I are going to the city council meeting next week to see if we can get them to lower it. I am looking for some data on how other communities handle day cares that go to the pool.

Does your community offer a group pass for daycare? If so, how much does it cost versus a single pass?
momofboys 11:31 AM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by KSDC:
Our tiny town built a new pool last year. Before that, I was able to take my daycare munchkins to the free wading pool. The new pool got rid of the free wading pool. I was able to buy a "Daycare Pass" for $125. Able to take all my munchkins (usually around 5-7) everyday for that.

This year, the pass went up to $255.

Another provider and I are going to the city council meeting next week to see if we can get them to lower it. I am looking for some data on how other communities handle day cares that go to the pool.

Does your community offer a group pass for daycare? If so, how much does it cost versus a single pass?
that is a big change in price. I would ask the parents to help foot the bill
KSDC 12:25 PM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by momofboys:
that is a big change in price. I would ask the parents to help foot the bill
Oh, I already have. They are kicking in $25 each, which still leaves me with $50. It just seems like a HUGE increase over one year. Just wondering how other towns handle daycares who want to use the community pool(s).
CtheLove 12:43 PM 06-03-2014
My neighborhood has a pool part of the HOA, for daycares they charge $30 per kid.
Jack Sprat 12:52 PM 06-03-2014
We are very lucky. Our town pool is free to 18 and under. We do have a nice new one that is about 15 minutes away. I'm not sure what the charge is for daycare or if it even differs.
SquirrellyMama 12:55 PM 06-03-2014
Our pool only lets daycare centers buy unlimited passes for the kids and they are $60 per child. I bought a 20 punch pass for my 2 dck's which was $60. I asked their parents to buy a 2nd 20 punch pass if we need another.

Kelly
bklsmum 02:59 PM 06-03-2014
Our town has 3 large pools, 2 wading pools and 2 splash pads and all are free to everyone.
Reply Up