Default Style Register Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Non Daycare Related...
newtodaycare22 05:56 PM 01-28-2011
Tom (or anyone else who can provide incite),

I taught in public schools for the 2009-2010 school year. During the beginning of 2010, while employed, I took graduate level courses towards renewal of my teaching certification.

Maryland has a Quality Teacher tax credit that states you must hold a teaching certification and take classes towards recertification in order to qualify. I am no longer employed...but during the tax year of 2010 I was. Any thoughts on whether I qualify? Turbo Tax assistance told me to contact Maryland IRS and I doubt that will be a fun task next week. Thanks!
TomCopeland 07:19 PM 01-28-2011
Sorry, I don't know the answer.
Tags:certification, courses, recertification, turbo tax
Reply Up