Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update
littlefriends 04:53 AM 01-07-2019
I gave them the two week notice on the 28th and dcm cried but wasn’t confrontational (thank goodness) but that same night the texting began. She texted me all thru that night and weekend. The following week every day at drop off-what are we going to do?! I’ll never find anyone like you!! Everyone we’ve called is full!! Etc etc. At pick up dcb is doing his thing-screaming, running away from mom, being carried out thrashing about-and mom says something along the lines of oh dcb I know you love it here so much but we can’t stay here Ms. so n so can’t watch you anymore she’s got too many dck’s. Grrrr!!!!!! This is his last week and I can’t freakin wait for Friday night!!!! This morning she went on and on about the new provider they signed with over the weekend-she charges too much, she takes too much time off, she closes when the schools close....etc etc etc. She’s been getting here early just so she can spend 30 min hanging out and crying to me.
lovemykidstoo 05:34 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
I gave them the two week notice on the 28th and dcm cried but wasn’t confrontational (thank goodness) but that same night the texting began. She texted me all thru that night and weekend. The following week every day at drop off-what are we going to do?! I’ll never find anyone like you!! Everyone we’ve called is full!! Etc etc. At pick up dcb is doing his thing-screaming, running away from mom, being carried out thrashing about-and mom says something along the lines of oh dcb I know you love it here so much but we can’t stay here Ms. so n so can’t watch you anymore she’s got too many dck’s. Grrrr!!!!!! This is his last week and I can’t freakin wait for Friday night!!!! This morning she went on and on about the new provider they signed with over the weekend-she charges too much, she takes too much time off, she closes when the schools close....etc etc etc. She’s been getting here early just so she can spend 30 min hanging out and crying to me.
Oh Lord. I am so sorry, but just count the days (or hours lol). She needs to get a grip on that child or she's going to have the same problem again.
Pestle 06:49 AM 01-07-2019
She is harassing you and if you didn't need to have the ability to contact her in an emergency I'd say block her.

This could turn into something nasty, too. How do you feel about giving her an ultimatum? "I provide a safe, comfortable space for the children in my care. Drop-off should not involve trash talking me to your child and making them anxious at the beginning of their day. My phone number is available to you for professional communication only. If you cannot respect that, you need to come pick up your child and we will terminate care immediately." Maybe edit for less snippiness but I'm angry at this bratty woman on your behalf and don't want her wrecking your week and the time afterward when she continues pestering you.
Cat Herder 06:52 AM 01-07-2019
Drop-off and pick-up outside. Kiss and go.
Blackcat31 08:11 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Pestle:
She is harassing you and if you didn't need to have the ability to contact her in an emergency I'd say block her.

This could turn into something nasty, too. How do you feel about giving her an ultimatum? "I provide a safe, comfortable space for the children in my care. Drop-off should not involve trash talking me to your child and making them anxious at the beginning of their day. My phone number is available to you for professional communication only. If you cannot respect that, you need to come pick up your child and we will terminate care immediately." Maybe edit for less snippiness but I'm angry at this bratty woman on your behalf and don't want her wrecking your week and the time afterward when she continues pestering you.
I agree! Her behavior is bullying in a "nice" way.

How rude of her to trash talk you in front of you!!

As for the early drop off, I'd start charging her for it.
I'd also let her know that she is not to "hang out" for 30 minutes. Use licensing or insurance as an excuse if necessary...."Licensing doesn't allow parents to stay longer than a quick drop off/pick up. Sorry but you'll have to drop off quicker."

I also agree with blocking her. There is NO reason she needs to tell you any of what she is telling you. NOT your circus, NOT your monkey.

Hoping Friday comes fast for you! Hang in there!!

I know it doesn't make it any better but these are the parents/kids/situations that teach us the most about this business.
littlefriends 09:38 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Oh Lord. I am so sorry, but just count the days (or hours lol). She needs to get a grip on that child or she's going to have the same problem again.
Oh she’s definitely going to have the same problem again! I almost feel sorry for her because he’s so terribly behaved and she interviewed with 4 other providers before this one that accepted her. All 4 ended up coming back with typical excuses for not being able to take dcb after all the very next day. I’m 100% sure they saw red flags at interview that made it clear that they don’t want this kid.
Josiegirl 09:47 AM 01-07-2019
This too shall pass. Hang in there and soon you'll feel the peace flowing again.
Rockgirl 10:30 AM 01-07-2019
Oh she’s definitely going to have the same problem again! I almost feel sorry for her because he’s so terribly behaved and she interviewed with 4 other providers before this one that accepted her. All 4 ended up coming back with typical excuses for not being able to take dcb after all the very next day. I’m 100% sure they saw red flags at interview that made it clear that they don’t want this kid.
Be prepared....when he’s terminated from the new daycare, there’s a good chance dcm will beg you to take them back. It would be a good idea to have a response ready!
littlefriends 11:24 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Be prepared....when he’s terminated from the new daycare, there’s a good chance dcm will beg you to take them back. It would be a good idea to have a response ready!
How professional would it be to just laugh and hang up?!
Rockgirl 12:06 PM 01-07-2019
How professional would it be to just laugh and hang up?!
Well....
Tags:buh-bye outside, drama - parent, kiss-n-go lane, terminate - bad fit
Reply Up