Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question About General Advertising Of A Daycare And About Listing Here
saved4always 04:26 AM 03-09-2012
As I have posted before, I am going to be working at a daycare/learning center at my church when it opens (hopefully next month). The director is currently working on enrolling children in the learning center which I am sure you know can be difficult and stressful.

I am trying to give her ideas of how to get the word out about the learning center and saw that there is a place to list your daycare on this site. I wanted to ask if anyone here uses this listing service and has it helped your business? From what I looked at quickly, it appears to cost $5 a month, is that correct?

Also, any suggestions on how to get very inexpensive advertising would be greatly appreciated. She has it on craigs list and I told her about care.com. We are also contacting local preschool PTA's to see if they can put flyers out at meetings. Anything else?
MyAngels 05:33 AM 03-09-2012
I think the listing here is free once you've hit 100 posts. I assume that applies to centers as well as family child care, but I'm sure Michael will chime in if I'm wrong.

As far as other advertising, I think putting sugar free suckers with your business card at dentists and doctors offices might be good and inexpensive. Really you could do that anywhere that children go (with permission of course).

There are a couple of large companies where I am that have their own internal listings of child care providers for their staff. You have to either be referred by an employee or call and ask them to be put on the list, but this is one of my main sources of phone calls, so well worth calling to inquire.

I only take referrals at this point, so that's about all I can think of right now .
saved4always 02:22 PM 03-09-2012
Thanks, MyAngels! I will pass those ideas on to my director.
DCBlessings27 02:53 PM 03-09-2012
I have an in-home daycare not a center, but I can tell you where I'm listed besides Care.com and CL. I also have a free listing on daycarematch.com and you can list preschools on savvysource.com. I've also advertised in the marketplace on Facebook.
MyAngels 08:48 PM 03-09-2012
If you have not already done it, click the "advertising" tag at the bottom of the thread to pull up lots of great threads with ideas .
saved4always 10:04 AM 03-10-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
If you have not already done it, click the "advertising" tag at the bottom of the thread to pull up lots of great threads with ideas .
Thanks. For some reason it did not even occur to me to do that....I did now and found alot of suggestions. Thank you so much!
Tags:advertising
Reply Up