Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Age for This Playground Equip?
newtodaycare22 12:34 PM 05-03-2010
Do you think this would interested 3-5 year olds? Right now I teach 5 and I think I'm leaning towards bigger kids...but would this be ok? Or too babyish?

I teach and do not spend any time on the playground thanks!

Thanks!

mac60 12:43 PM 05-03-2010
I think this should be fine for a group of young kids.
AnythingsPossible 12:44 PM 05-03-2010
I think the 3's would enjoy it, and the 4's and 5's would play on it, but it does seems a tad small for the older kids.
originalkat 12:49 PM 05-03-2010
Originally Posted by WyoDaycareMom:
I think the 3's would enjoy it, and the 4's and 5's would play on it, but it does seems a tad small for the older kids.
I agree as well.
emosks 01:21 PM 05-03-2010
Originally Posted by WyoDaycareMom:
Right. I know my 5 year old would play on it but get bored I'm sure.
Golden Rule 01:39 PM 05-03-2010
18 mos - 3 years.

The deck starts to sag with the older kids...plus as they get older they begin to fight over whom gets to sit and guard the "fort"....
Chickenhauler 07:20 PM 05-03-2010
Originally Posted by Golden Rule:
18 mos - 3 years.

The deck starts to sag with the older kids...plus as they get older they begin to fight over whom gets to sit and guard the "fort"....
Ditto that.

The 4, 5 and 6 year olds here play on the standard issue wal mart swingset setup in the back yard.
QualiTcare 10:03 PM 05-03-2010
i honestly think that's for 1-3 year olds. i can't imagine a 4 year old (and some 3 year olds) playing on it. if they did, it would be one slide before they moved on. just my opinion.
melskids 02:49 AM 05-04-2010
i have a mixed age group here, (from 6 months to 7 yrs) and climbers similar to yours. no one over 3 wants anything to do with them. i think kids outgrow them much quicker then the manufacturers recommended age.
kimsdaycare 03:48 AM 05-04-2010
I have that climber. I would say it is best for about 1 1/2-3 yr olds. I had it in my infant/toddler area, but moved it to the intermediate area because I have 12 month olds that could get up, but they would attempt to walk right off the slide.

My older 3's and up actually do still like to play fort on it, and it holds up fine (no tipping) but will try to jump off the very top walls. If you have 5's and older it won't likely hold their interest for much more than that. By then they have mastered swings and the taller slides on the wooden set and will focus primarily on that type of equipment.
momofsix 06:22 AM 05-04-2010
I had that same cllimber, but gave it away when it got a crack on top. I would not let anyone over 5 use it, but they did use it up to that age. Just be careful, as they want to climb ON the walls once they get bored with the regular use!
Tags:age appropriate, toys
Reply Up