Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with Toy Ideas
MommyMuffin 11:24 AM 08-08-2011
I have two children who just turned 3 or will soon turn 3 and are bored with the toys.

What toys do your 3 year olds love? I have blocks and cars and legos, kitchen, dolls, leap frog, balls, and all the art stuff (beads, puzzles).

I am trying to find something that does not need adult help.

Any ideas?? I have my 2 yo girl (birthday is in a few weeks, not sure what to get her) and 5 boys ages newborn to 3.

Thank you!
MyAngels 12:25 PM 08-08-2011
Other than what you've already got listed, mine love dress up clothes and the Lincoln Logs right now.
GotKids 12:47 PM 08-08-2011
I highly recommend these. I don't know what kind of blocks you have but these are the favorite in our block area. They entertain ages 5 mo-adult.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CGcQ8wIwAQ
kendallina 04:37 PM 08-08-2011
Mine have been wayyy into using scissors and gluing collage materials lately (obviously this will require some level of supervision, which I know is not really what you asked for, but my older ones can do this without much supervision).

Also, do you have any sensory activities? I set out a bin with some beans or rice or colored noodles in it and they love it.

Mine also love our plastic animal sets (I have some forest animals, some sharks, lots of dinosaurs).

We have a few of the Little People sets (the castle, the airplane and the dollhouse) with accessories and the kids love those.

I have mostly 3-4 year olds with a couple of 2 year olds.
WImom 05:16 PM 08-08-2011
big cardboard blocks
dress up
fisher price snap dolls
sensory table with colored poms and cups/spoons for pouring and measuring
Baby dolls

I have mostly 3y old girls and that's what they play with daily
cheerfuldom 06:19 PM 08-08-2011
are you getting outdoors enough?
Crazy8 07:57 PM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by GotKids:
I highly recommend these. I don't know what kind of blocks you have but these are the favorite in our block area. They entertain ages 5 mo-adult.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CGcQ8wIwAQ
how is the construction on these?? magnets scare me in the daycare! I had something very similar to these a few years ago by Mega Blocks (think they called them magtastiks) and they were all recalled because of magnets coming out and being ingested.
GotKids 03:56 AM 08-09-2011
THIS BRAND is made very well.I haven't had a single issue with breakage. My own kids are really hard things and these haven't cracked or shown any wear since I got them. They are easy to clean and the way the magnets are contained they can't fall out like the ones that were recalled. I can't speak for other brands construction but these ones are awesome.

If you are still worried about them and need toy ideas what about the plastic nuts and bolts, gears, or wooden table toys.
MommyMuffin 05:15 AM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by GotKids:
THIS BRAND is made very well.I haven't had a single issue with breakage. My own kids are really hard things and these haven't cracked or shown any wear since I got them. They are easy to clean and the way the magnets are contained they can't fall out like the ones that were recalled. I can't speak for other brands construction but these ones are awesome.

If you are still worried about them and need toy ideas what about the plastic nuts and bolts, gears, or wooden table toys.
Those do look very fun! I have kinex and they cant figure them out, plus there are small pieces and that scares me, if they get lost the toddlers or infants choke on them.

But these look very fun and universal. Thanks!
Tags:age appropriate, toy ideas, toys age appropriate
Reply Up