Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:37 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Drop-In Care: Policy on If Child Doesn't Attend

I had a full-time client who recently switched to drop in care because of financial reasons and they booked their first day of drop in care for today about a week ago and then they messaged me over the weekend saying that their child was throwing up and sick all weekend and they wanted to know if they could either bring her today or reschedule their drop-in care for a different day. This family has tried to push policies numerous times before brought medication once it was over the counter when that's a No-No in my program, another such things.

My policy states that if they cancel with less than 24 hours notice that they lose the day so to speak but if they cancel with more than 24 hours notice that they can use their dropping day for a different day within 90 days. They gave less than 24 hours notice but I kind of feel bad.

Advice?
Old 04-22-2019, 06:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

Don't feel bad.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:03 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

Follow your policies and don’t feel bad for a second.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:48 AM
Daycare.com Member

Stick to your policy unless you want pushback on this and other policies in the future.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trix23 View Post
if they cancel with less than 24 hours notice that they lose the day so to speak but if they cancel with more than 24 hours notice that they can use their dropping day for a different day within 90 days.
Quote:
They gave less than 24 hours notice

I don't understand what the issue is?

If you don't follow your policies, why would you expect them to?
Old 04-22-2019, 02:24 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmom View Post
Stick to your policy unless you want pushback on this and other policies in the future.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:14 PM
New Daycare.com Member

This is the first instance that a child has been sick for drop-in care. I am the type of person that feels bad for that kind of stuff. They told me, after i sent them my policy on it, that that will be picking up their child's things this week. :/ oh well.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:22 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
This is the first instance that a child has been sick for drop-in care. I am the type of person that feels bad for that kind of stuff. They told me, after i sent them my policy on it, that that will be picking up their child's things this week. :/ oh well.
Wow really? Are they super sensitive or what? That seems really extreme to pull a child for that.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:05 PM
Daycare.com Member

Amazing how people show their true colors
Old 04-22-2019, 07:25 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
Wow really? Are they super sensitive or what? That seems really extreme to pull a child for that.
Well I think that they thought that because I operate a home daycare program that I don't have rules and policies and things about how things function around here. Either that or they thought that I wouldn't enforce my rules because I got upset that I have a drop off cut off even though it's listed in my contract and mentioned in multiple places and I said something about it verbally one time when they almost missed the cut off. And they got upset with me because not only did they miss the cut off but the dad was late for work and lost his job and I'm thinking how is that my problem? I mean I didn't say that to them though.

But they just tried to push so many policies like the drop off cut off, they were late ones picking up and I build them for late pickup, they wanted to switch to part-time care from full-time care immediately whereas I require two weeks notice to have that change and then they switch to drop in care and then pay their notice. From switching from full-time to drop in and then today because their child was sick and I told them they couldn't come they decided to pull her. Which honestly this point good riddance but I just find that so dumb. And I had told them when they wanted to switch to drop in care all of the benefits that they'll be losing out on by being enrolled in full-time care so that way they would know going in what to expect but they decided to do this nonetheless
Old 04-23-2019, 02:09 AM
Daycare.com Member

Let them go with your peace of mind intact and do not harbor any guilt or bad feelings about it. Hopefully your next dcf won't require bending over backwards to please them. Really, you did nothing wrong and this is all on them. It sounds like you've been accommodating them for way too long anyways. Find someone who is a much better fit and has respect for you and your business policies!! Good luck.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:10 AM
New Daycare.com Member

I haven't been accommodating them at all actually. Every time they've done something against policies, I've enforced my rules. That were only here 5 weeks or so
Old 04-23-2019, 07:11 AM
New Daycare.com Member

They got away with only 1 thing of being a few minutes late past the drop-off cutoff cause they said they were having car trouble. That's the only thing i let slide once. Nothing else.

Tags
drop in care, drop in policy, enforcing policies - consistency