Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Notice Period Turns Awkward
Logged out for privacy 11:50 AM 08-15-2012
I had a family term and they gave me all this flack about this and that and this and that..... I am really glad they are leaving but now we are in this awkward transition phase. They are in their notice period- 4 weeks. I am really irritated about how they gave notice, and all the things they are saying are the reasons. Really B.S reasons, like $5 less per week at new daycare, son says he doesn't like coming here anymore (b/c I discipline the kids and they allow them to do as they please) b/c I dont allow them to park in the driveway, b/c I have a long notice period, vacation time, days off (unpaid mind you). Mom says she has wanted to quit for over a year. YEAH RIGHT, WHY DIDNT YOU THEN? whatever.

I also found out that after giving notice they went to some friends and said I called the dcm "not nice things" (Ill spare you the deatils). My husband was on the couch (he is NEVER home but was this time randomly) when they gave notice and he heard the whole convo. He knows I did not say such and such.... This was almost two weeks ago but Because of other family dropping off and picking up I have not spoken to dcm. Frankly I do not even want to. She knows she is lying, and if I talk to her I might just say such and such.

So how do you handle transition periods where people have given notice and you need them to stay so you can replace them but really you have nothing nice to say to them and you wish they were gone already? Everyday at drop off and pick up I am sick to my stomach with all this drama.
Up