Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Bother Arguing About Fees That You Owe?
giggles003 06:49 PM 05-01-2013
Why is it, families want to argue about fees due with they use weekend care and after hour care? DCM is in school for Hair Design and needed care from 8am until 8pm 2-3 times a week plus some Saturdays from 7:45-2pm. Which was fine as it was per discussed. How ever she started to leave her child with me, later on non 8pm nights to get her nails done, tanning, coffee dates etc. Cue, me getting burnt out. I was a single mom to two kids from November until the first of April while my husband worked across the country, it was bound to happen.

The weekend that almost killed me and made me stop after hour care for her- I had her child from 11am Saturday until pick up at 5pm on Monday, yes you read that right. She only wanted to pay me 50 dollars for the weekend care- Crazy lady.

So, today I texted her that her fees were due tomorrow and how much they were. She argued with me on them. I explained what the fees were for and how much. She went off on me about how it wasn't right and she didn't use any after hour care. I didn't argue. I have it written down as I always do for her. I am sure if it were face to face she would have screamed and there a tantrum. So, the next text- she is pulling her child out today, which is two weeks earlier than the planned end of care since school is out anyways on the 17th. I will miss this child since he has been with me for 2 years. It's a blessing though, she is one of those crazy parents that are hard to put up with. Now I am left with amazing families who don't need after hours care in the evening.
Patches 07:15 PM 05-01-2013
Originally Posted by :
The weekend that almost killed me and made me stop after hour care for her- I had her child from 11am Saturday until pick up at 5pm on Monday, yes you read that right.

Originally Posted by :
She only wanted to pay me 50 dollars for the weekend care- Crazy lady.

TheGoodLife 07:24 PM 05-01-2013
Originally Posted by giggles003:
Why is it, families want to argue about fees due with they use weekend care and after hour care? DCM is in school for Hair Design and needed care from 8am until 8pm 2-3 times a week plus some Saturdays from 7:45-2pm. Which was fine as it was per discussed. How ever she started to leave her child with me, later on non 8pm nights to get her nails done, tanning, coffee dates etc. Cue, me getting burnt out. I was a single mom to two kids from November until the first of April while my husband worked across the country, it was bound to happen.

The weekend that almost killed me and made me stop after hour care for her- I had her child from 11am Saturday until pick up at 5pm on Monday, yes you read that right. She only wanted to pay me 50 dollars for the weekend care- Crazy lady.

So, today I texted her that her fees were due tomorrow and how much they were. She argued with me on them. I explained what the fees were for and how much. She went off on me about how it wasn't right and she didn't use any after hour care. I didn't argue. I have it written down as I always do for her. I am sure if it were face to face she would have screamed and there a tantrum. So, the next text- she is pulling her child out today, which is two weeks earlier than the planned end of care since school is out anyways on the 17th. I will miss this child since he has been with me for 2 years. It's a blessing though, she is one of those crazy parents that are hard to put up with. Now I am left with amazing families who don't need after hours care in the evening.
Did you get paid for that full weekend, then, or is that what she is arguing?
Tags:after hours care, burnt out, crazy parent
Reply Up