>>>> (U.S.A) due to my transfer to wisconsin.I am looking for
>>>> childcare/babysitter who can assist me to watch my daughter while i am
>>>> at
>>>> work. I want you to get back to me with your service charges from
>>>> monday
>>>> to
>>>> friday.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks as i await your sincere reply.
>>>>
>>>> With regards,
>>>> Wensly Hunte.

So, at first I was buying the bs, I have to admit. Got kind of excited. THe foreign thing did not throw me, I move here from Germany at the age of 3, so I thought it was just "accent"...at first

Hi Wensly-
>>>
>>> Thank you for your email.
>>>
>>> I would be happy to talk to you further about childcare for your little
>>> girl. Do you have any details about your move yet? Will you be in the
>>> Necedah, Mauston, or New Lisbon area? When will you be moving here?
>>>
>>> I am sorry, but I cannot give you a rate without more information. I
>>> usually discuss the details in during the interview process. I will say
>>> that my rates are competative to others in the area, and your daughter
>>> would get the very best care here!
>>

>> Hello B-,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your quick response to my email,I work for an N.G.O Non
>>> Governmental Organisation that takes care of children living with
>>> HIV/AIDS
>>> we are sponsored by UNIAIDS and A.S.O Aids Service Organisation so am
>>> just
>>> sationed here
>>> We will be arriving wisconsin by next friday 27th of Jan hence we will
>>> set
>>> up an interview with you piror to your resumption but i have to make
>>> sure
>>> everything is well organized and arrange before leaving. I want you to
>>> get
>>> back to me with your service charges from monday to friday.You will be
>>> watching her from 8am-5pm.
>>>
>>>
>>> My daughter Nicole is 2 years old,she likes to play around with kids
>>> and
>>> like to be pampered with toys. My daughter is healthy,i just need
>>> someone
>>> to take care for her when am at work.All necessary contracts will be
>>> filled on the interview thats if you do the contract thing.
>>>
>>>
>>> I would like you to get back to me with your total charges for a month
>>> during your available periods because my affilated company will make an
>>> upfront payment for my first month in the states to help me settle
>>> down.
>>>
>>> Kindly send the following details to get your paycheck processed .
>>>
>>> ---------Name:
>>> ---------Address:
>>> ---------City:
>>> ---------State:
>>> ---------Zip code:
>>> ---------Phone: Home and cell:
>>> ---------Age:
>>> ---------Sex:
>>> ---------Present
>>> ---------Present occupation:
>>> ---------Number of years as a babysitter:
>>> ---------Number of available reference:
>>> ---------Email
>>>
>>> I would anticipate your response,Thanks for your anticipated service.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Wensly.
>>>
>>>
THis is where I gave him SOME of the info he asked for, but only what he could get off my website and dcf's website...

Thanks so much for the response madam,But pls give me a specific amount
>> you charge for a whole month?
>>

>> $500.00 will cover the month

Hello Mrs B,
> Thanks for your sincere response to my emails.I am ok with
> your asking price but there are some things i will like to know about
> you?Will you be responsible for her feeding and diapers?Or will i have to
> bring it my self weekly?Will i have to pay extra fee for feeding and
> diapers?are you married or a single parent like me?Do you have kids?Is
> your enviroment kid friendly?Do you have pets?Get back to me so i will be
> sure of what kindda enviroment my daughter will be living at or would you
> prefer to watch her at my place.Kindly be informed that you would be
> getting an upfront payment for the first 4 weeks of your working period
> before i start caring for the bills myself after i am settled in New
> Lisbon.
>
> The paycheck would be issued to you as soon as possible,also i wont want
> you to be suprised to have some excess fund on the Check of $500 that will
> be mailed to you cus i will need your assistant by helping me to send the
> remaining excess funds that will be on the check to the agent in charge of
> the furniture and fittings of my new home in New Lisbon.All you need to do
> upon the receipt of the payment is to deduct your own charges for 4 weeks
> and forward the rest to the agent who will be in charge of the furniture
> and fittings of my new home.
>
> Thanks so much for willing to watch over my daughter for me.
>
> I hope to hear from you soon.
>
> Regards,
> Mr. Wensly.

>really!????|

You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to take advantage of someone
in this way! A quick internet search easily told me that this is a fraud
scheme. As soon as you mention sending money back to you, you lost!

If you are going to go around ripping people off, why not go for the big
time and rip of some big company, not hard-working people who care for
children!

Perhaps you would like the phone number of my 90 year old neighbor so you
can send her some "money" too! Maybe you can pull the old "you won a
sweepstakes" scam!

>
cheeseheadmama 01:15 PM 01-19-2012
I had something similar happen to me last week. The person sent an email about her "daughter" but referred to her by 2 different names in the email, "Ashley" and "Jenny". I thought that was a little weird, but responded with a minimum of information.

Got a response with an explanation saying that her 2 YO daughter's name is "Ashley Jenny" but she prefers to be called "Jenny". What? The kid is TWO, how can she have a name preference. Everything smelled a little weird about it so I eventually just told her the spot was filled.

CL has been full of creepers lately. The only responses I have gotten from a posting to sell some furniture have been bogus too. Don't know what is going on but it is completely annoying!
KBCsMommy 01:19 PM 01-19-2012
OMG!! Im in California and I too have received this email. I didnt reply because it just looked like a fraudulent email. When I showed my husband he told me " dont you dare answer that!" But it was the exact same wording. Weird!
wdmmom 02:10 PM 01-19-2012
I have received this type of email too. It's always a single working parent looking to relocate in your area needing childcare for (a very common child's name/usually a girl...ex. Mary, Sarah, Jessica, etc).

It's the same game. They want you to cash a bogus check made out for much more than your rates with the expectation of giving money back to them.

I had a friend fall into this a few years ago. Got a check for $3600 and was suppose to send back $2600. The check questioned the validity and the police were called. Had the bank cashed the bogus check, he would have been charged with 3rd degree theft (because of the amount) and given that he was on probation, he would have went to prison for it!
sharlan 02:57 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by cheeseheadmama:
I had something similar happen to me last week. The person sent an email about her "daughter" but referred to her by 2 different names in the email, "Ashley" and "Jenny". I thought that was a little weird, but responded with a minimum of information.

Got a response with an explanation saying that her 2 YO daughter's name is "Ashley Jenny" but she prefers to be called "Jenny". What? The kid is TWO, how can she have a name preference. Everything smelled a little weird about it so I eventually just told her the spot was filled.

CL has been full of creepers lately. The only responses I have gotten from a posting to sell some furniture have been bogus too. Don't know what is going on but it is completely annoying!
How funny, I am in SoCA and this was on our local Craig's List last week. Plus the mother is deaf so everything needs to be done via email or text.
busymommy0420 02:58 PM 01-19-2012
My Step-dad was taken for $3000 in a similar situation. He was given a check for $3000 and then asked to wire $2500.00 and he could keep the $500 difference. HE DID IT and the check was returned of course for insufficient funds. My Step-dad is retired and not as quick with his wit. My sister and I have a financial background and knew it was a scam right away but were to late.

***My theory is of it seems to good to be true then most likely it is NOT true.

Thanks for sharing...you might save someone else some money!
Michael 04:13 PM 01-19-2012
It amazes me how this keeps these creeps in business. The fact is, people do send them money. Out of a thousands of email they only need a few to come through to make good money. I don't know if anyone read about the Korean father and daughter that were duped into that Nigerian scam. They actually sent money and went to Africa to get the payout. They were kidnapped and help for ranson.

http://stayingsafeabroad.blogspot.co...escued-by.html
sharlan 04:17 PM 01-19-2012
My fil lost over $150K to scammers @ $12K a pop before we found out. They would call him and tell him that he won a lottery and had to pay the taxes before they could send it to him.
saved4always 04:34 PM 01-19-2012
My friend's husband put an ad for her out on Craig's List and she received a similar email a year or so ago to the one you received. I think the details were different but the one she got was also in broken English and wanted to send money to her like that. She immediately knew something was fishy and ignored the emails after that.
Michelle 04:56 PM 01-19-2012
I get so many of them in my e-mail I don't even know if it's a real parent or not until I open the e-mail. Then I see the usual misspelled words, coming to America junk.
Can we get a virus from just opening an e-mail?

I have seen some daycares say on their ad...

"We do not respond to e-mail's due to scams . All e-mails from cl will go straight to my spam folder...If you would like a tour of my facility, call me or contact me through my website"

This is the best thing to do...I'm going to do it soon.
cheeseheadmama 06:07 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
How funny, I am in SoCA and this was on our local Craig's List last week. Plus the mother is deaf so everything needs to be done via email or text.
Yes! I did a reverse look-up on the number she wanted me to send a text to and it showed up as a land line in the LA area. I knew it was a scam as soon as I saw that. Good to know I am smarter than the creepers out there!
Crazy8 07:24 PM 01-19-2012
I really thought everyone knew all of these things are scams. I actually feel sorry for anyone who IS moving to the US and needs child care, cause I'd never believe them!!!

My friend just posted on FB that her friend was taken for a few thousand dollars in another scam - there are people calling claiming to be DEA agents - getting the numbers of people who have ordered pharmacuticals online or by phone and are scaring them claiming they will be arrested and their homes will be searched, etc. unless they wire them $$$ to pay their fines.

I have told my mother ANY TIME anyone asks you for money over the phone you DO NOT give them any info!!!! Anytime someone emails you asking you to click a link DO NOT do it. Go directly to the site on your own. I recently got an email from what looked like my cable company - it wasn't!! Be careful with EVERYTHING you do online!!!
momofboys 08:19 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
My fil lost over $150K to scammers @ $12K a pop before we found out. They would call him and tell him that he won a lottery and had to pay the taxes before they could send it to him.
So sad - sounds almost like what happened to my dad. When he was in early stages of Alzheimers (before we knew he had it) he was scammed out of most of his retirement by scammers from out of the country. Very sad.
Daycaremomof2 05:59 AM 01-20-2012
I had the exact same e-mail from the netherlands. I stopped replying when they asked me for all of that information- too many red flags. What is wrong with people!?!
beachgrl 10:32 AM 01-20-2012
I have had many of these types of emails, ridiculous!
Ariana 10:49 AM 01-20-2012
OMG!!! bbo good for you for telling him off!!!

I got this exact e-mail a few months ago, luckily I knew it was a scam and then shortly afterward my Childcare Resource Network sent an e-mail around letting everyone know not to answer it or give any info. sad
MarinaVanessa 04:09 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by Michelle:
"We do not respond to e-mail's due to scams . All e-mails from cl will go straight to my spam folder...If you would like a tour of my facility, call me or contact me through my website"

This is the best thing to do...I'm going to do it soon.
Oh I love this . I'm going to steal this, if you don't mind of course. I'm currently working on a training idea about Advertising for my DC association and CL is a BIG item on my topics list. I'm sooo going to suggest this when talking about how to use CL. This along with spelling, grammar and format .

The good thing is that I have PLENTY of examples of what NOT to do when advertising on CL .
smb757 09:50 PM 01-20-2012
I got a similar one a while back, but they were coming from Ireland. I knew something was up when they kept saying they were moving near NW Omaha. And I specifically said I was only doing part-time and they kept talking about full-time care.
Michelle 04:28 AM 01-21-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Oh I love this . I'm going to steal this, if you don't mind of course. I'm currently working on a training idea about Advertising for my DC association and CL is a BIG item on my topics list. I'm sooo going to suggest this when talking about how to use CL. This along with spelling, grammar and format .

The good thing is that I have PLENTY of examples of what NOT to do when advertising on CL .
Go ahead and steal it..
I just found this from another providers ad.
I'm going to change my ad this weekend.
The best way to write a cl ad is a really good headline that stands out..like Licensed Loving daycare/preschool -city- and then having a picture. there are parents that won't even click on your ad if you don't have a picture.
SilverSabre25 04:32 AM 01-21-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:

If you do want to accept emails (I prefer it, personally), you can cut the spam down almost 100% by typing your email address out like this: MyEmail (at) emailclient (dot) com .
justgettingstarted 09:09 PM 01-21-2012
Originally Posted by cheeseheadmama:

I got this one too! Reported it after reading a few times. The use of two different names was just too weird.
Checkinkids.com 07:33 PM 01-23-2012
It never amazes me how low these scammers will go. A long time ago - before I even knew about craigslist (imagine that) I actually got a check in the mail from the same type of scam. This one was from an ad on a job search site, a big one like monster.com or something. They found my resume and wanted to talk about a job. The job included getting a check, doing some paperwork, sending the difference (aha!) somewhere. I actually received the check in the mail and took it to the bank. I told them I was suspicious and they were able to confirm it was a bad check almost immediately.
busymommy0420 04:32 PM 02-17-2012
I received an e-mail from a Parent (so I thought) inquiring about my ad on CL. I responded simple that yes I had an opening and gave my phone number. I received this below. My next and final response was. I AM NOT STUPID, PLEASE TRY TO SCAM SOMEONE ELSE. GOOD DAY TO YOU.

Aggghh: I wish I didn't give my phone number.

Thanks so much for getting back to me, am okay with the time schedule.
My Name is David Johnson, my wife's name is Kimberly with our first
child Paul of 4 years old. My wife is 6month's pregnant and we are in
the process of re-locating from London, UK to your city and will as
well appreciate if you can recommend a good doctor for her when we
arrive. I will be working on a contract basis with the U.S. Department
of Health & Human Services in your area, doing private research work
and am in need of someone who can help my wife with some of the house
hold chores running some errands when necessary and babysitting my son
Paul taking care of him as yours. You would only be needed for 4 hours
daily and 3 days in a week at your convenience.

Paul is a talented son and very bright. He is fun loving, kind and
lovely. I will be needing your service for 3 months till my wife
deliver. I have a Personal Assistant who is helping me with the
re-location process.

It's okay if you prefer to be a live-in or live-out nanny as i can
drop him at your home everyday and will greatly appreciate if you will
be delighted to accept this offer as we would be arriving on 28th of
February 2012.

If you accept this position, I will instruct my finance manager to
forward to you a check for your first week upfront payment by express
mail so that i can be rest assured of your availability for the job
and wouldn't need to search for a nanny / childcare anymore. I will as
well run a background check on you because it's not easy to leave a
child with someone just like that and i hope you understand my
concerns.

If this employment opportunity is acceptable to you, kindly get back
to me asap with the information below required for confirmation and
further proceedings to take place:

Full name:
Contact Address: (No P.O. Box)
Apt #:
City, States and Zip code :
Home & Cell numbers:

Calculate 4hours daily for 3 days and get back to me with the total cost

Our expected arrival date is 06 of March 2012, but you will be paid
beginning immediately. All we ask from you is honesty and sincerity.
And am sure you will enjoy the time you will spend with my son.

Please do get in touch on time so that we can start making
arrangements with our travel agency while i await your swift response
regards this employment offer and the requested details.

Have a pleasant week.

Sincerely,

Mr David Johnson.
Crazy8 04:45 PM 02-17-2012
look at this..... same email from David Johnson.....

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2152029AAm7l1b
familyschoolcare 05:12 PM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by busymommy0420:
I received an e-mail from a Parent (so I thought) inquiring about my ad on CL. I responded simple that yes I had an opening and gave my phone number. I received this below. My next and final response was. I AM NOT STUPID, PLEASE TRY TO SCAM SOMEONE ELSE. GOOD DAY TO YOU.

Aggghh: I wish I didn't give my phone number.

Thanks so much for getting back to me, am okay with the time schedule.
My Name is David Johnson, my wife's name is Kimberly with our first
child Paul of 4 years old. My wife is 6month's pregnant and we are in
the process of re-locating from London, UK to your city and will as
well appreciate if you can recommend a good doctor for her when we
arrive. I will be working on a contract basis with the U.S. Department
of Health & Human Services in your area, doing private research work
and am in need of someone who can help my wife with some of the house
hold chores running some errands when necessary and babysitting my son
Paul taking care of him as yours. You would only be needed for 4 hours
daily and 3 days in a week at your convenience.

Paul is a talented son and very bright. He is fun loving, kind and
lovely. I will be needing your service for 3 months till my wife
deliver. I have a Personal Assistant who is helping me with the
re-location process.

It's okay if you prefer to be a live-in or live-out nanny as i can
drop him at your home everyday and will greatly appreciate if you will
be delighted to accept this offer as we would be arriving on 28th of
February 2012.

If you accept this position, I will instruct my finance manager to
forward to you a check for your first week upfront payment by express
mail so that i can be rest assured of your availability for the job
and wouldn't need to search for a nanny / childcare anymore. I will as
well run a background check on you because it's not easy to leave a
child with someone just like that and i hope you understand my
concerns.

If this employment opportunity is acceptable to you, kindly get back
to me asap with the information below required for confirmation and
further proceedings to take place:

Full name:
Contact Address: (No P.O. Box)
Apt #:
City, States and Zip code :
Home & Cell numbers:

Calculate 4hours daily for 3 days and get back to me with the total cost

Our expected arrival date is 06 of March 2012, but you will be paid
beginning immediately. All we ask from you is honesty and sincerity.
And am sure you will enjoy the time you will spend with my son.

Please do get in touch on time so that we can start making
arrangements with our travel agency while i await your swift response
regards this employment offer and the requested details.

Have a pleasant week.

Sincerely,

Mr David Johnson.
I got almost the exact same E-mail earlier this week. I did not respond. If you can not tell me which of the threee cities I advertise for you are "relocating" to then I can not talk to you.
nannyde 06:28 PM 02-17-2012
In May of 2006 my son and I went to Alaska for a couple of weeks. We were very interested in the Iditarod and asked around the little town we were staying in if there were any mushers who would consider meeting us and allowing us to come visit their dogs. The shop owner near our cabin knew Lance Mackey and gave us his number. Over the course of the next week we went out three times to visit their Kennel. They picked us up from the cabin and drove us back and forth all three times. He allowed us to feed and water the dogs and we helped clean poo. He took my son on a workout with the dogs on his four wheeler. He was so sweet to my son. He even gave us two of his rookie cards and signed them for us. It was an honor to meet him.

This was the summer before he won his first Iditarod. He won four times in a row from 2007-2010. He's the only person in the world that has won it four times.

The summer before he won he was struggling to make ends meet. Racing dogs is very expensive and the prizes they win are pretty small considering the expenses. They did many things to support their passion including hosting visitors and selling some of their pups. That year he had only won 10th place in the Iditarod so money was very tight and the pups were not anywhere near as valuable as they are now.

They got hit with the same scam. A person contacted them offering to buy one of their pups. Sent overage money and wanted the remainder of the balane sent to their agent. They lived in the sticks outside of Kenai and the bank they used took a while to clear checks. They found out the last day that I visited that the check they had been given had bounced. The Western Union payment they sent to the scammers had cleared and the bank couldn't do a thing to help them. The police couldn't either.

They were DEVESTATED. Not only did these guys scam them for thousands of dollars but they lost out on a sale of a pup that they desperately needed to continue their dream of winning the Iditarod.

His partner took me back to my cabin and cried the entire way. They were just out the money and there was nothing they could do about it. Good salt of the earth people who were so trusting and trying to live their dream. They hadn't even heard of a Nigerian scam. On the way back to the cabin "I" told her about Nigerian scams. Even after finding out that she had lost the money, the police, the bank, and Western Union didn't explain to her the scam and how it works.

Doesn't matter what you sell... these guys can come up with a way to get into your pocketbook and it's not for a little amount of money. It's a very simple formula so all they need is a computer and a little bit of English and they can work their formula around what you sell. They don't care who they hurt. They are supported by their government. They are very well organized and can make a very good living off of it.

You can see Lance this year in the iditarod. We watch every year and go every time he wins. I hope he wins again this year. They are amazing people and his story is phenomenal.

http://www.mackeyscomebackkennel.com/About.htm
Under18 02:21 PM 12-03-2015
On 12/3/15, > wrote:
> I would be delighted to help you out but I am a student and
> I attend school from 8:15 - 3:25 during the week days.
>
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 9:53 AM, > wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your quick response to my email,My Name is
>> from Canada (Ontario) I'm moving to your area for 4 weeks having
>> contract with N.G.O Non Governmental Organization that takes care of
>> children living with HIV/AIDS we are sponsored by UNI AIDS and A.S.O
>> Aids Service Organization ,i want you to help me Care for daughter
>> from 9am to 4pm from Monday to Friday for 4 weeks but i have to make
>> sure everything is well organized and arrange before leaving. My
>> daughter's name is Wendy is 5 years old, she likes to play around with
>> kids and like to be pampered with toys. My daughter is healthy, i just
>> need someone to take care for her while am at work, all necessary
>> contracts will be filled when we arrive to the state.You do not have
>> to worry about transportation, I have negotiate with a cab Driver that
>> will be driving her down to your place go and come I would like you to
>> get back to me with your total charges for 4 weeks during your
>> available periods because my affiliated company will make an upfront
>> payment for my 4 weeks in the states to help me settle down. Kindly
>> send the following details to get your paycheck processed .
>>
>> Full name to be on the check :-
>> Street address (not P.O Box): -
>> City:-
>> State:-
>> Zip code:-
>> Total charges:-
>> Mobile number for easier communication:
Cant believe i was being scamed
Thriftylady 03:54 PM 12-03-2015
I get these all the times. To me the out of country thing is always a dead give away. I just wish there was a way to report them all, but even if we could I guess not much would likely be done.
hope 04:44 PM 12-03-2015
I have gotten these emails so many times I have learned to just ignore them. But lately I have been getting the same scam in text version. The person will text me inquiring about care. I figured if they answered my questions they must not be this generic scam. But it always ends with them asking for my personal information for a checking account. It really bothers me because I go back and forth texting for so long to find out it's a scam. Now I tell them to just call me if I receive a text. I'm sure the scam will now turn into phone calls also.....
lovemykidstoo 05:51 AM 12-04-2015
I have been looking for a new job and my resume is on a couple of job sites. I received an email offering me a job at an attorneys office. The address she gave me was in the worst part of the city and of course I knew it was fake before I read 3 words into it. Noone offers you a job without talking to you. So I played along, waiting to see what she wants. I knew that it would come down to a check being mailed to me and most likely me mailing some back. I worked at a bank for 13 years before starting daycare, so I'm familiar with cash-back schemes. This is one of the last emails asking for my name and address so she can mail me the check. I gave her an address alright, I gave her the address to our local police department. Told her to make the check out to cash hahaha

Here's the email:

Hello,

How are you doing? Thanks for writing back and I am glad to know you are interested in the position I'm offering..

Like I said earlier in my previous email that I'm planning on going to Turkey to bring my kids to the State and also for an assignment which won't last more than a week and some days.

So I will like to secure your service before going down there so you can start work officially immediately I get back. So therefore, I will like to pay the first week payment before our arrival, I will like to send you the deposit in form of Cashier's check to you before I go to Turkey, I sincerely hope you are okay with that..

I will need you to give me the following information below:

Your full name(that will be on check)
Full mailing address(including apt#,city,state and zip code)
Phone number
Do you accept this offer?

I hope to read back soon..

Thanks
spud912 06:23 AM 12-04-2015
Ha! I just got the exact same email, only his daughter's name is Olivia! I usually ignore them but sometimes respond with fake information for my entertainment.
lovemykidstoo 06:25 AM 12-04-2015
Originally Posted by spud912:
Ha! I just got the exact same email, only his daughter's name is Olivia! I usually ignore them but sometimes respond with fake information for my entertainment.
You got the one I posted?
spud912 07:57 AM 12-04-2015
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
You got the one I posted?
No, the same as "Under 18." Verbatim. Only they wanted my background check too.

They're all pretty similar though.
MsLisa 04:04 PM 12-04-2015
I just got 2 "give me your email address for more info"s via text today. Its ridiculous.
Tags:article, beware too many promises, craigs list, fraud, scam
Reply Up