Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feeling Criticized On Here For Posting My Personal Opnion
caregiver 08:56 AM 11-06-2013
I have been posting on here about pets and kids and just have been voicing my personal opinion on the matter and a few posters have been taking it personal and I have not meant it to come out like that. It is just my own thoughts on the matter and what I believe. I have not meant to say anyone is right or wrong on how they feel about the subject, it is a personal choice and I was just saying how I felt. Not saying anyone has to take what I said as what it should be. I thought that this forum is for voicing our thoughts and getting advice and support.
But what I have not appreciated is being jumped on and criticized for my personal opinion on this subject. I feel as though I have to defend myself every time I put a post on today as someone will respond with negative feedback on my opinion,which they are voicing their opinion also, but seem to want to put me down every time I express my thoughts. I don't want to start a argument,but I am made to feel as though I need to defend my point of view. We all have different views on things and how we deal with things, so please don't put a person down for only voicing their own thoughts on subjects. I stayed away from this site for a long time because people were putting others down for this same thing, I look to this site for support, ideas and seeing what other providers think on matters dealing with daycare, but not sure I want to be a part of this anymore if I can't express myself and not be criticized for what I write. I am a daycare provider, darn proud of what I do,I teach, care, and love the children and run my daycare how I believe is how I want to run it and don't care what anyone else does, that is none of my concern or business as to what you believe on how you run your daycare. Just voicing my thoughts,take no offense to what I say on subjects,just helps to voice matters I believe in.
Unregistered 09:01 AM 11-06-2013
You need to get thicker skin, or perhaps posting on an online forum isn't for you. I looked through the thread and didn't see where anyone was jumping all over you, they were just disagreeing.
Blackcat31 09:40 AM 11-06-2013
Everyone has an opinion. Everyone is entitled to have one

HOWEVER, if you choose to share that opinion on a public forum you HAVE to expect to receive millions of OTHER and DIFFERING opinions in return.

If you feel criticized for your opinion, that is due your perception of the comments/feedback given. NO ONE else can control or dictate what your perception of other opinions will be.

If you don't like getting feedback that differs from yours or you feel criticized when others disagree, then I definitely think posting on a public forum is the wrong place to be.

Please don't think I am being unkind or rude as that is NOT my intention....it's just that every time a heated topic comes up and the discussion gets big someone gets their feelings hurt.

The world would be a really sad and boring place if no one ever disagreed.
melilley 10:00 AM 11-06-2013
I see what you are saying about feeling like you are being criticized for voicing your opinion on here. I'm talking in general, I don't know what post you are talking about that involves you specifically.

I once asked a question and someone answered back in a snotty way and I will admit I was offended and wrote something back along the lines of Geez you don't need to sound that way and they responded back with something and I took a step back and realized that they didn't mean to sound that way, they were just giving their opinion. I think sometimes the way people say things on here can sound mean, but in most (not all) but most cases, they are just expressing themselves and they don't mean it and in some cases, I think people are mean about it and don't care, but you have to learn to brush it off and move on.

I also had someone call me a hypocrite and didn't answer anything I posted and said they were going to block me....all because there was a thread and people were arguing and it turned into people saying they were going to leave so pm'd this person and told her please don't leave, people will say things and we will all get over it (something along those lines) and that person took what I said the wrong way. I was soo offended for the longest time, but now when I look back, I realize that sometimes you just have to read what others say and move on.
Yeah, sometimes it can hurt when people say things (I'll admit that) but we just have to remember that everyone is different and not everyone has to agree and not everyone has a nice way of saying things whether they mean it that way or not.

I hope this makes sense. When I thought of it in my head it sounded so clear.
Willow 10:04 AM 11-06-2013
I took no offense, my big girl panties are bigger than that

What I did do was disagree with you, there is a difference. Do what you're going to do in the end, but if you voice a very controversial opinion do expect and be prepared to respond to the feedback you will undoubtedly receive for sharing it
caregiver 10:09 AM 11-06-2013
Point taken! I hear ya all. No offense taken.
Willow 10:10 AM 11-06-2013
Edited - NVM......lettin it roll on by myself lol
Willow 10:10 AM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by care giver:
Point taken! I hear ya all. No offense taken.
Good to hear!

Just gotta speak your peace, let it roll and then move on
melilley 10:16 AM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
Good GRAVY will you EVER let that go???

If you'd like I will post the pm you sent me "asking me to stay" (along with eeeeeeverything else nasty, degrading, insulting and vile that was in it ) and let others decide how they would have taken it too. Perhaps then you can gain some perspective as to why I responded the way I did, and find some peace with it.

I recently unblocked you after the title of a post you created caught my eye and concerned me. I was nothing but kind and attempted to be helpful. Alas, apparently this snitty tiff will go on forever.......how truly unfortunate...........
I will let it go and I didn't mention any names on here, but since you did, I will say that I'm sorry if anything I said offended you in the pm. I admit I did respond rudely in the second one, after you said some things to me and I should just have let it go. Anyways I was just telling the op that I know how she feels and gave her an example. And yes, your response to my thread was very helpful and I appreciate it, thank you. I will not mention the snitty tiff again!
Msdunny 10:19 AM 11-06-2013
Here is what I have learned - not necessarily on this forum, but on social media altogether. I am as kind as I know how to be, but I do have opinions. I post them as politely as I can. They are my opinions, but not everyone's'. I don't have to agree with everyone - heck, I don't even have to LIKE everyone! . But when I do post my opinion on a topic and I know there will be feedback, good or bad, I consider the fact that everyone has a right to their own opinions also. And that their feedback doesn't and won't define me. In fact I usually think, "huh! Well, that's one way of looking at it. The wrong way, but one way".

I AM SO KIDDING!!
Blackcat31 10:42 AM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
Here is what I have learned - not necessarily on this forum, but on social media altogether. I am as kind as I know how to be, but I do have opinions. I post them as politely as I can. They are my opinions, but not everyone's'. I don't have to agree with everyone - heck, I don't even have to LIKE everyone! . But when I do post my opinion on a topic and I know there will be feedback, good or bad, I consider the fact that everyone has a right to their own opinions also. And that their feedback doesn't and won't define me. In fact I usually think, "huh! Well, that's one way of looking at it. The wrong way, but one way".

I AM SO KIDDING!!
There is some truth to that though....

Just because a person considers other perspectives, doesn't always mean they will cross over to believing differently.

It's okay to think "Huh, that is one way to look at it. The wrong way but one way" because sometimes it is still how we feel.

I agree wholeheartedly with your post. Opinions are like snow flakes. NO two are alike.

I also tend to remember that the posters on this and any other forum are not exactly the people I base my own perspectives off of. I don't allow another person's opinion to carry enough weight with me to influence me into doing, believing or thinking something other than what I personally believe is right.

Especially not someone on a public forum. We don't really and truly "know" anyone on this forum in real life (other than a few exceptions) and what any one member feels, thinks and posts doesn't change who I am and what I believe. That role is reserved for my husband, family and friends.
Msdunny 11:18 AM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
There is some truth to that though....

Just because a person considers other perspectives, doesn't always mean they will cross over to believing differently.

It's okay to think "Huh, that is one way to look at it. The wrong way but one way" because sometimes it is still how we feel.

I agree wholeheartedly with your post. Opinions are like snow flakes. NO two are alike.

I also tend to remember that the posters on this and any other forum are not exactly the people I base my own perspectives off of. I don't allow another person's opinion to carry enough weight with me to influence me into doing, believing or thinking something other than what I personally believe is right.

Especially not someone on a public forum. We don't really and truly "know" anyone on this forum in real life (other than a few exceptions) and what any one member feels, thinks and posts doesn't change who I am and what I believe. That role is reserved for my husband, family and friends.

Cat Herder 11:23 AM 11-06-2013
My two cents

Sometimes posters come off "blunt", "unfeeling" "cold" or "rude" because they have been on the forums long enough to have answered the same question 249 times... on the 250th they tend to whiddle down the wordy response a bit.
MyAngels 11:26 AM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by Msdunny:

I AM SO KIDDING!!

Sites like these would be very boring indeed if everyone always agreed with each other.
cheerfuldom 11:41 AM 11-06-2013
I agree that you have to have a tough skin to be active on public forums. I am sure I have been offended or offended someone else. no one is going to agree all the time. If you find a particular person very grating on your nerves, just avoid their threads and posts....I may or may not be doing that on this group
Reply Up