Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>MN Daycare Providers
Sunshine75 10:17 AM 09-19-2013
Hi Everyone,
I am a daycare provider in MN who has been in the industry for a long time. I am reaching out to see if others are here from MN? Also, if you are from MN or area states, are you going to the Providers Choice conference? This is my first year going and thought it would be nice to get to know some others as I am going on my own. I signed up for the Tom Copeland seminars and am looking forward to it. Also, wondering if there are any support groups in MN for daycare providers. Thank you all so much for your support and answering my questions. We are so busy I am impressed with all the support you give to others.
Blackcat31 10:41 AM 09-19-2013
Welcome to the forum!

Hello fellow Minnesotan!

I am not going to the PCI conference. I am no longer with Provider's Choice and have opted to go with Child Care Choices instead. (the rep is WAY nicer than the one we had with PCI).

I do know a few providers from my area that are going though.

What part of the state are you from? I am waaaaaay up north not too far from Duluth.

We have several providers on the forum from MN.
mema 10:51 AM 09-19-2013
Welcome!
I am in MN also. I am not going. I have Child Care Resource and Referral and I don't know of anyone in my area that has Providers Choice.

There is a fb page Daycare Providers Minnesota. There is a lot of advertising on there and parents are on it. There is one that is closed to parents that you can get an invite on thru the page-don't recall how tho.

The ladies here rock tho, so if you have any questions, just ask!
LK5kids 11:24 AM 09-19-2013
I am very close to MN in Wsconsin! Welcome!
Sunshine75 08:52 AM 09-23-2013
I was just up in Tofte this weekend! Love that area. Did not know there was another option than Providers Choice for meal reimbursement. Can you tell me more about child care choices. Right now I am in the process of getting licensed so as I understand it I have to be fully licensed before I can start getting reimbursed through Providers Choice. Is that correct?
Sunshine75 08:53 AM 09-23-2013
I have family in Wisconsin-Ladysmith area....
Blackcat31 09:08 AM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by Sunshine75:
I was just up in Tofte this weekend! Love that area. Did not know there was another option than Providers Choice for meal reimbursement. Can you tell me more about child care choices. Right now I am in the process of getting licensed so as I understand it I have to be fully licensed before I can start getting reimbursed through Providers Choice. Is that correct?
I just returned from Grand Marais! We were in the BWCA. BEAUTIFUL area!

The food program I use is Child Care Choices. Here is their website:

http://www.childcarechoices.net/Home.aspx

I switched program agencies when I began to have trouble with a particular rep. The rep I have now through CCC is AWESOME!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about her!

Yes, you do need to be fully licensed to receive reimbursement though a food program but I would not hesitate to get the paperwork started.
DCMom 09:21 AM 09-23-2013
I am from Minnesota also

Twin Cities metro area. I am a PCI provider, but not attending the conference. Normally I would, but we have a 50th wedding anniversary celebration in the family the same weekend, so I had to skip this year. To bad, I need to get my rear in gear for training hours!

There are several providers on the MN Providers Only facebook page that have mentioned they are going, you might want to check that out.

Welcome, lots of useful help and info here!
Reply Up