Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Monday After 4 Days Off
BumbleBee 09:58 AM 12-01-2014
How is everybody's Monday going?

Mine is going pretty well. The kids are tired, but they usually are on Mondays. I moved lunch up by 15 minutes to get to nap time earlier. All but one is sleeping peacefully now. The one not sleeping is losing it because she had a bottle to go to sleep with for both naps and bedtime for 4 solid days. That doesn't happen here and she's not happy about it. We usually have a bit of a struggle on Mondays but not like this.

2 kids have a moderate diaper rash, one looks yeasty, but nothing over the top.

There's no snow right now, it all melted with the warmer temps and rain over the holiday weekend, but it's chilly today. 12 degrees with the wind chill. We went for a walk this morning, the wind had died down and I have a cover for the stroller to keep the younger ones out of the wind. 1 parent sent everything except snow pants. Really? I know there's no snow but come on, it's cold out. I layered the kid up with leggings, jeans, sweat pants and he did fine but he was quite upset that he was the only one without snow pants. I have extras but none that would fit him.

Other than that things are going fairy well. How about you?
jenboo 10:03 AM 12-01-2014
Mine is going great!
My most challenging dck was coming as a drop in today (only scheduled 4 days) but he ended up being sick. I have my 4 month old DCB and 11 month DCG are napping. Right now it's just 2.5 yr old DCB and me reading books. My other two 2.5 yr old dcbs won't be coming until lunch.
My sister stopped by this morning for a couple hours. It's in the mid 60s outside.
I thought today was going to be rough but it's been amazing!
midaycare 10:04 AM 12-01-2014
The kids here are in a great mood. I also did lunch a little earlier to get them to nap a little earlier. They are all sleeping peacefully, even the 6 month old. That is rare - all of them to nap at the same time.

Now I'm off to do some work while I can!
Play Care 10:07 AM 12-01-2014
Having a great day, despite kids having colds. Kids have been mellow, and I got the infant to sleep at the same time as the others

Now tomorrow...
nothingwithoutjoy 10:29 AM 12-01-2014
Jealous of your great naps! I was only able to get half of them asleep today--and my daughter's one of the awake ones (darnit!).
KSDC 11:05 AM 12-01-2014
My kids are all down for nap - thank goodness!

I have a sibling set of brothers that is about to drive me bonkers today. Pushing boundaries all morning long. Mondays are usually rough for this pair, but after a 4 day weekend, they we especially trying today.

And, my 19 month DCG has been very fussy today. I think she is coming down with another cold.

Oh well. My Thanksgiving break was awesome. Totally worth a rough Monday!
Heidi 11:47 AM 12-01-2014
Absolute crab pots all morning, but I expected that. The only sweet one today was the 10 week old baby. He made up for the other 3 pissy toddlers.
Kabob 12:16 PM 12-01-2014
Haha...yeah. Everyone is tired as usual and some have apparently forgotten the rules so have needed reminding. But otherwise a typical day. I also started nap 15 minutes early...so far so good...
Rockgirl 12:19 PM 12-01-2014
Today has gone much better than I had expected. I think they actually missed each other, and were happy to play together today.
KiddieCahoots 12:27 PM 12-01-2014
Don't want to say.....
I'm afraid I'll jinx it ...............
Kimskiddos 12:37 PM 12-01-2014
Mine is going very well! Ended up having 2 of my 5 kiddos. They are both 2yo boys and playing together great! They went right to sleep and will likely sleep 2.5 hours.
_Dana_ 01:17 PM 12-01-2014
Great day so far. I rotated out some toys in anticipation for some crabby pants...and they've been so engaged with the "new" toys.

Also, I got a handheld dirt devil over the weekend that every wants to use. They've been great helpers cleaning up after play-doh and lunch. Everyone wants a turn to help clean. (Can't argue with that!) Amazingly enough, they've all been fairly good about taking turns.
Cradle2crayons 01:19 PM 12-01-2014
Originally Posted by _Dana_:
Great day so far. I rotated out some toys in anticipation for some crabby pants...and they've been so engaged with the "new" toys.

Also, I got a handheld dirt devil over the weekend that every wants to use. They've been great helpers cleaning up after play-doh and lunch. Everyone wants a turn to help clean. (Can't argue with that!) Amazingly enough, they've all been fairly good about taking turns.
All of my kiddos fight over the swiffer vac... Hey i don't mind... My floors never looked better!!!! Should I admit that while I'm using it, I pretend like I'm having so much fun to entice them??
_Dana_ 01:35 PM 12-01-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Should I admit that while I'm using it, I pretend like I'm having so much fun to entice them??
Haha! That's awesome!
Cradle2crayons 02:24 PM 12-01-2014
Originally Posted by _Dana_:
Haha! That's awesome!
I even made litter box cleaning look like so much fun once... My 6 year old son BEGGED me to let him do it. Lol. we don't generally have a litter box... But these were new kittens we had to outside train lol.

He was serious...mamaaaaaaa puhleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ok son. Here's the scooper.
NeedaVaca 02:32 PM 12-01-2014
Mine did great and were so excited to see all the Christmas decorations I put up over the weekend
Unregistered 02:33 PM 12-01-2014
Mine is GLORIOUS!!! I am in Canada, so no long weekend, but my problem kids are finally gone! I have two new kids starting this week, one of which was here today and it has been fantastic - he is 3, a great sleeper and his mom wants him to sleep as long as he wants! No meltdowns, no whining, no fighting, hitting or biting. No explanations from dcm for the poor behaviors. It is amazing.

Monkey Toes
_Dana_ 04:30 PM 12-01-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I even made litter box cleaning look like so much fun once... My 6 year old son BEGGED me to let him do it. He was serious...mamaaaaaaa puhleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ok son. Here's the scooper.
You've got mad skillz!
mom2many 09:39 PM 12-01-2014
Today was ROUGH!!!! It can only get better!!!!!!! I had 4 whiney little ones today and was never happier when 5:30 was here!
Josiegirl 03:15 AM 12-02-2014
Yesterday went pretty well, only 1 out of 5 didn't sleep. And even she was quiet.
Our elf on the shelf came back yesterday so I think that helped. The kids would keep asking me things like 'do you think he saw me when I was spitting?' 'If I don't eat my brussel sprouts, will he go back and tell Santa?' 'Am I on the nice list?'

Have to admit I will be buying a Dirt Devil just so the kids can help me. They love running the vacuum the few times I've ever brought it out during dc hours and they love to help sweep but you can imagine how that goes.
hope 04:02 AM 12-02-2014
I only had two kids, sibling from my difficult dcm. The older one wouldnt talk to me for the first hour she was here. Wouldnt answer any of my questions or talk to anyone else. I ignored it and went on with my day and she came around. Her younger sister slept all day. Dcm said the baby didnt sleep at all while they were off. She blamed teething and growth spurt. Babt slept beautifully here and woke up all smiles. Funny wjat a few days can do.
_Dana_ 12:43 PM 12-02-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Have to admit I will be buying a Dirt Devil just so the kids can help me. They love running the vacuum the few times I've ever brought it out during dc hours and they love to help sweep but you can imagine how that goes.
I got mine at local second hand shop. All household items were 50% off. Dirt Devil for $1.25? Absolutely! Kids still want to clean today too. Looks like I'm going to be adding this chore to our "daily helper chart."
Tags:holiday, monday
Reply Up