Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Trial Period Contract
Play Care 05:53 AM 10-20-2016
I know some of you do this. Would you mind sharing with me? I have an interview tomorrow and I suspect a trial period contract will be the way to go.
TBird 06:10 AM 10-20-2016
I just use my regular contract & I have a section which states that the first two weeks is a trial period. I enter the start date & the end date of such period. They must initial that part & agree that I went over the contract with them.
Blackcat31 06:23 AM 10-20-2016
Originally Posted by TBird:
I just use my regular contract & I have a section which states that the first two weeks is a trial period. I enter the start date & the end date of such period. They must initial that part & agree that I went over the contract with them.
Same here.

During the trial period I have the same rules/policies as I would normally have so I just use the same contract.
daycare 08:02 AM 10-20-2016
Mine is slightly different. Everyone here starts with the trial
Period contract, which states all the normal stuff you would insert into a regular contract. However I have added in other information like:

Once the trial period has ended the provider will determine if we will extend you an offer to become permanently enrolled.

Start date of trial end date of trail

Must give 24 hour notice of their desire to term during the trial period

Amount of required deposit due after trial period is over

I list their payment schedule for the first two weeks so there are zero excuses for late payment.
284878 06:28 AM 10-21-2016
I have my trail period in my contract, too. It is written for two weeks but some times I debate on saying x business days or the x many days the child is in attendance.
Here is why, dcb starts, attends Monday, Tuesday he stays home sick, I am closed Wednesday and he still sick the rest of the week. Returns Monday on antiboditics. Is in attendance every day until he stays home with dcm for a day. It takes three weeks before he has a full 10 days of attendance.
I had other families start and miss a day or two in the first week, some planned. I had another family start a week before vacation week, (would my vacation week count in the trail period?)
Reply Up