Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Can’t Be the Only One....
Rockgirl 07:36 AM 11-01-2018
I just set a reminder in my phone calendar to be closed Nov. 1 of next year. I always say I’m going to do it, but I don’t think about it in time to give ample notice. I set the reminder for Aug. 1, to send out a group text.
lovemykidstoo 07:38 AM 11-01-2018
Oh God me too!
Blackcat31 07:57 AM 11-01-2018
I am VERY clear with parents that I will send a child home the day after a holiday if the child is out of sorts.

All but one of my parents took me seriously this year.

I've sent one child home already.
Couldn't keep it together and I am just not willing to deal with a tired, sugar filled kid that isn't mine.

to all the providers dealing with the Halloween Hangovers
lovemykidstoo 08:01 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am VERY clear with parents that I will send a child home the day after a holiday if the child is out of sorts.

Couldn't keep it together and I am just not willing to deal with a tired, sugar filled kid that isn't mine.

Good for you! All of mine are being pretty decent now. This morning at drop off was rough though
Rockgirl 08:01 AM 11-01-2018

Things have calmed down considerably, but I’m standing by my decision! Lol. BC, was yesterday your birthday, or is it today? Happy birthday, either way!
Blackcat31 08:05 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Good for you! All of mine are being pretty decent now. This morning at drop off was rough though
Yes, drop off was rough for most of them here too.
Thankfully most of mine pulled it together fairly quickly.
Hoping your day stays decent.

There's always "parent pay back" Friday.
That's a real day right?! ^^ I'm thinking Friday snack can consist of ALL the left over Halloween candy and really late afternoon naps

Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Things have calmed down considerably, but I’m standing by my decision! Lol. BC, was yesterday your birthday, or is it today? Happy birthday, either way!
Thank you!

It was yesterday.... I am now officially a half century old
Rockgirl 08:09 AM 11-01-2018

That's a real day right?! ^^ I'm thinking Friday snack can consist of ALL the left over Halloween candy and really late afternoon naps

Thank you!

And late-in-the-day raisins all around!!

I’m not far behind you. Dh’s 50th is NYE, and I’m the following Dec.
lovemykidstoo 08:09 AM 11-01-2018

Thank you!

Oh yea I like that! I think we're going to make slime today. You know the really fun stuff that they can take home lol. Then maybe I'll make homemade pixie sticks. Gonna skip putting them in the paper straw wrappers though, just let them eat it by the spoonfull hahahaha
Baby Beluga 08:23 AM 11-01-2018
Thankfully mine have all been okay.

I had one child who went to bed late last night and woke early this morning. Mom said he didn't know what he wanted this morning and was out of sorts.

So...he took a cat nap in between the time he arrived and the others were scheduled to arrive. He's been fine since.
lovemykidstoo 08:36 AM 11-01-2018

Thank you!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BC!!!! I hope you enjoyed your day!
Josiegirl 09:25 AM 11-01-2018
Happy 1/2 a century + 1 day old BC!!!!!

Today hasn't been too bad but then mine are all little so I don't think the parents indulge them in too much sugar. However, my day will most likely change when 5 yo dcg arrives after school. School makes her sooo tired every day so she's such a bear from 3 to almost 5 while she's here.
coloradoprovider 01:36 PM 11-01-2018
Love the parents I have, they limited the candy consumption last night! Normal behavior here today - yea!
Hunni Bee 03:43 PM 11-01-2018
Happy birthday Blackcat!!
Annalee 05:15 PM 11-01-2018

Thank you!

Happy Birthday! I think we can make it to a "whole century". My great grandma was 103 when she passed
Mike 08:34 PM 11-01-2018
You're still 5 years less a day behind me, just like last year. You'll never catch up.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday. I just finished a big piece of maple cake with chocolate frosting, an hour after eating half of a Pizza Hut large pizza, super supreme with double olives and cheese. I'm stuffed and probably just gained a couple pounds, but I don't care.
Blackcat31 07:01 AM 11-02-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Happy 1/2 a century + 1 day old BC!!!!!

Today hasn't been too bad but then mine are all little so I don't think the parents indulge them in too much sugar. However, my day will most likely change when 5 yo dcg arrives after school. School makes her sooo tired every day so she's such a bear from 3 to almost 5 while she's here.
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
Happy birthday Blackcat!!
Thank you ladies!!

Originally Posted by Annalee:
Happy Birthday! I think we can make it to a "whole century". My great grandma was 103 when she passed
YES!! My grandma was 96 (6 months from 97) when she died. We have longevity in our family too so yep! 100 yrs old and Annalee and I will still be here posting!

Originally Posted by Mike:
You're still 5 years less a day behind me, just like last year. You'll never catch up.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday. I just finished a big piece of maple cake with chocolate frosting, an hour after eating half of a Pizza Hut large pizza, super supreme with double olives and cheese. I'm stuffed and probably just gained a couple pounds, but I don't care.
Happy Belated Birthday to you as well!

I think I gained a few pounds just reading that!
Maple flavor cake sounds heavenly and pizza is a no brainer!

My DH asks me all the time what I want to eat for dinner or lunch and I always say "pizza" and he says "why do you always say pizza?" and I reply "Why do you always ask?"

The answer is always pizza.
Josiegirl 09:40 AM 11-02-2018
Originally Posted by Mike:

Happy Belated Birthday Mike!! Sounds like it was yummy!!
Mike 10:19 AM 11-02-2018
My DH asks me all the time what I want to eat for dinner or lunch and I always say "pizza" and he says "why do you always say pizza?" and I reply "Why do you always ask?"

The answer is always pizza.
He must have a memory just as bad as mine.

Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Happy Belated Birthday Mike!! Sounds like it was yummy!!
It was.
Tags:after halloween
Reply Up